Kiva (kiva.org) is an international nonprofit with a mission to expand financial access to help underserved communities thrive. We run a global marketplace platform to crowdfund microloans for financially excluded entrepreneurs, farmers and students around the world. Through Kiva Capital, we serve as a bridge between large scale impact first investors and underserved populations. Our digital identity platform enables borrowers who don’t have a track record with traditional financial institutions to record and verify their financial history and gain access to less costly mainstream financial markets.
Our organization combines the culture and technological passion of an internet start-up with the compassion and empathy of a non-profit to create impact and opportunity at global scale. Since 2005, we have raised more than $1.66 billion in loan capital for 4.1 million borrowers in 77 countries. Our lenders fund over $10 million in loans every month. With offices in San Francisco, Portland, New York, Nairobi, and Bangkok, Kiva’s team includes 100+ employees and 400+ volunteers worldwide. Our team is growing as we pursue exciting new opportunities to create a financially inclusive world.
Independent Contractor Project Overview
This is for a 4 – 6 month remote contract project working with the Creative Studio at Kiva – starting as soon as possible.
As a Copywriter, you’ll be part of Kiva’s Creative Studio team. The Creative Studio designs, writes, and executes marketing and brand campaigns to drive awareness of Kiva and the acquisition of new lenders.
The Copywriter will work directly with the Sr. Copywriter and Creative Director. You’ll also work closely with designers on the Studio team and cross-functionally with the Marketing and Content teams.
Who you are:
- A copywriter with 3 – 5 years of agency or in-house creative studio experience.
- You balance multiple projects with ease.
- You are curious and strategic. You aren’t afraid to ask questions or challenge assumptions.
- Ready to learn the nuances of writing for different channels and their different strategic needs all within the same campaign.
- You enjoy working on a creative team. You welcome feedback and take challenges in stride.
What you’ll do:
- Absorb Kiva’s tone of voice and use it to create new ways to engage and delight our audience.
- Work collaboratively with other members of the Creative team and cross functional teams.
- Work within our Project Management tool to complete tasks on time.
- Regularly bring new ideas to the team, have a curious mindset, and a desire to always improve writing.
- Learn and absorb advertising/marketing/B2B/direct response writing best practices.
What you’ll bring
- 3 – 5 years experience writing B2B, marketing, and advertising writing at an agency or in-house creative studio.
- Ability to follow a brief and write copy that aligns.
- A basic understanding of advertising/marketing/B2B/direct response writing best practices
- Experience using Google suite and Figma.
- A curious nature (ask questions and learn).
What we offer:
- An opportunity to improve real lives, solve hard problems, and change the world
- Friendly, supportive, and adventurous environment
- Opportunities to connect with and learn from partners around the world
- Kiva’s Creative Studio is a remote-first team: work from wherever you want to be!
A diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is an integral part of Kiva’s culture. We actively welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a great place to work. Join us and help us achieve our mission!
At this time, we can only consider applicants with authorization to work in the United States on a permanent, full-time basis; unfortunately we cannot provide visa sponsorship. We will only accept applications directly from candidates. Kiva will not be responsible for any recruiting agency fees, absent a formal agreement.