Title: Editor, B2B
Location: US National
HR Brew, a publication dedicated to providing HR professionals with information to help them make better decisions, is looking for a temporary editor. This is a contract position beginning mid-February and continuing for 5-6 months.
If you like the challenge of setting editorial strategy and helping reporters execute on stories, well, we’ve got the gig for you.
The HR Brew newsletter sends Monday through Friday and covers all aspects of a human resource professional’s job: from people management to recruiting; corporate compliance to the shifts in the business landscape due to COVID-19, Black Lives Matter, and #MeToo.
As part of Morning Brew’s business-to-business (B2B) editorial team, HR Brew sits alongside six other B2B publications: Marketing Brew, Retail Brew, Emerging Tech Brew, CFO Brew, Healthcare Brew, and IT Brew.
Here’s what you’ll be working on:
– Manage day-to-day operations of the HR Brew newsletter production process, including assigning/approving stories, editing pieces, and writing headlines.
– Manage, coach, and develop a team of five reporters.
– Generate, develop, and execute ideas for non-newsletter products and other special editorial projects.
– Write stories if and as needed.
– Enforce Morning Brew editorial guidelines, editing content for high-level substance, Brew tone and voice, and standard copy.
– Support optimization of existing content processes and establish new ones where needed.
– Support analysis of audience trends.
What makes you qualified?
– Interest in the human resources industry, and the kinds of stories that speak to the HR professional.
– At least 5 years of newsroom experience.
– Experience managing a team of journalists.
– Ability to write in the Morning Brew style (engaging, informative, clever)
– Excellent communication skills with a mindset for collaboration.- Ability to operate in a high-pressure environment with tight deadlines.
$7000-8500/month *Final offers for this job will be made within the parameters of the salary range provided, commensurate with experience.