Full-Time SEO Content Writer
SEO Content Writer & Strategist
- Full Time
VisionPoint Marketing is searching for an experienced, gifted storyteller with a knack for SEO as our team full-time as an SEO Content Writer and Strategist with 100% remote option (with the possibility of occasional client travel). The ideal candidate will have the ability to write with a journalistic style and contribute to the creation of overarching strategies. The SEO Content Writer and Strategist will be a member of our growing Digital Experience & Analytics Team and will report to the Director of SEO & Analytics.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Create and publish engaging content that adheres to inbound/SEO best practices. This may include academic program pages, articles, blogs, and other relevant content.
- Assist as part of the team developing inbound marketing strategies that are aligned with clients’ short-term and long-term marketing targets including SEO and analytics audits
- Collaborate with internal teams to plan, develop, write, and optimize site content
- Create and present training materials and other educational content about SEO and Inbound Marketing Content creation and seo copywriting with clients
- Lead discovery sessions (stakeholder interviews, focus groups, workshops, etc.) to learn about opportunities and details for content strategy and development
- Partner with web and marketing strategists to identify relevant implications and opportunities for SEO, measurement/analytics, website personalization, and other digital marketing approaches
- Craft engaging content that aligns with identified SEO content strategies to create high ranking content
- Oversee the editorial, strategy and quality control of the work of a team of contractors that help us deliver content at scale
- Accountable for ongoing iterative improvement of and quality assurance for content strategy process and deliverables
- Stay up-to-date with developments in the industry and generate new ideas to draw the attention of targeted audiences.
- Work with the Director of SEO & Analytics to report on inbound strategy effectiveness. Use analytics to understand and measure the ROI of our clients’ content marketing activities, analyze website traffic, and evaluate user engagement.
- Provide recommendations based on marketing analytics and inbound assessment to address the key business and marketing challenges of our clients.
- Provide training on SEO and content strategy best practices
The ideal candidate would possess the following skills, interest and experience:
- 5+ years of experience in strategic marketing content, specifically related to inbound marketing.
- Minimally a four-year bachelor’s degree in marketing, journalism, business or other applicable course of study or relevant experience.
- Experience in developing digital content, managing and creating content for websites, social media and traditional media.
- Collaborate with web team members to create content strategy/ information architecture alignment
- Able to relate to and understand a variety of audiences and develop content and strategies that address the needs of these audiences.
- Able to conduct keyword research and creatively use keywords to create on-page optimization, including choosing keywords, identifying keyword opportunities within content, and making sure that all pages have unique titles and meta descriptions
- Reviewing analytics data from website visitors including pageviews, bounce rates, and conversion rates to identify opportunities for improvement in order to increase traffic and conversions
- Keep current with inbound marketing strategies, best practices, and associated resources.
- Organize, prioritize and multi-task a variety of writing assignments in a fast-paced environment.
- Process-oriented, uncanny attention to detail, and strong command of grammar and the written word.
Don’t quite meet all of our requirements? Apply anyways. It’s been proven that minorities are less likely to apply to a job if they don’t match the posted requirements to a T. We at VisionPoint value diversity and want to continue creating a diverse, inclusive, and equitable environment. If this role and the prospect of serving the higher education sector excites you, but you are missing a few bullet points, we would still love to see your application. Even if this role isn’t the right fit, there’s a chance another role or a future opportunity could align with your experience.
Commensurate with experience.
WHAT WE’RE LIKE HERE AT VISIONPOINT
At VisionPoint, we believe that a strong culture is as much a valued benefit as health insurance, unlimited PTO and 401k. That’s why it’s important to us that future team members connect with and contribute to our culture. Our communication, our collaboration, our satisfaction and our growth are largely dependent upon whether we all, as individuals, embrace and live out our values. We believe in the work we do, we support each other, we work hard and we like to have a bit of fun too. When it comes right down to it, happy and fulfilled team members produce better work, and better work is what drives us every day.
If you think you’re a great fit, please click here to send us your resume along with a thoughtful, well-crafted cover letter telling us why you belong on the VisionPoint team.
VisionPoint Marketing fully subscribes to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity. It is our policy to provide employment, compensation, and other benefits related to employment based on qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, veteran status, genetic information, disability, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.