Full-Time Executive Administrative Assistant
Title: Executive Administrative Assistant – Sales (Government & Healthcare/National Contracts & Federal)
Location: Remote, US, N/A
Grainger is a leading broad line distributor with operations primarily in North America, Japan, and the United Kingdom. We achieve our purpose, We Keep the World Working, by serving more than 4.5 million customers with a wide range of products that keep their operations running and their people safe. Grainger also delivers services and solutions, such as technical support and inventory management, to save customers time and money.
We’re looking for passionate people who can move our company forward. As one of the 100 Best Companies to Work For, we have a welcoming workplace where you can build a career for yourself while fulfilling our purpose to keep the world working. We embrace new ways of thinking and recognize everyone is an individual. Find your way with Grainger today.
As the Executive Administrative Assistant for the Director of Ops. Government and Healthcare, and the RSVP of National Contracts and Federal, and indirect support for the Director of Federal Sales; you will be a valued partner, and first contact for general department inquiries, ensuring all incoming requests are prioritized and handled in a timely and professional manner, being one step ahead of the leaders.
The ideal candidate will enjoy managing multiple priorities and problem solving to ensure the Director and RSVP successfully meet the needs of the business.
This position is hourly, and the target rate starts at $27.44.
The range provided is a guideline and not a guarantee of compensation. Other factors that are involved in offer decisions include, and are not limited to: candidate’s experience, qualifications, geographical area, and internal equity of the team.
- Works under minimal direction, performing most duties following a broad framework of policy, procedure, and the executive’s needs.
- Schedule meetings, conference rooms and make travel arrangements as needed. This includes overseeing the executive’s calendar and scheduling appointments by balancing priorities and effectively negotiating with internal resources. Anticipate and prepare materials needed by executive for meetings and telephone calls.
- Respond to requests (phone, e-mail, in-person requests, etc.) by gathering and providing information, referring non-routine calls to appropriate staff.
- Locate and gather highly confidential and sensitive information from the appropriate source to assist in resolving business issues.
- Compose, modify, and proofread correspondence, reports or presentations/newsletters from general instruction or based on special knowledge of the area and Company.
- Proactively develop relationships with key internal/external client contacts, gaining recognition as a team resource.
- Coach, lead and assist other assistants on the team, as needed, to provide support to the executive team.
- Help with project plans for small project teams, in local and virtual team settings
- Effectively manage conflicting priorities. This involves organizing workflow and teaming with colleagues to accomplish tasks and balance workloads
- Develop and demonstrate a solid working knowledge of the business’s structure, tools, policies and procedures and key personnel.
- Deal with a diverse group of internal and external contacts to relay executive’s instructions, gather information, or handle non-routine situations. Follow up with executive staff on items/issues to ensure executive is aware of status.
- High School diploma or equivalent experience. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 10% travel is required.
- Previous experience supporting a Sales Executive is preferred.
- Possess a detailed knowledge of business operations, organizations and relationships involved at top management levels. Demonstrate a thorough understanding of department and appropriate Company policies, procedures, and operations.
- Ability to type 50 WPM and proficiently use Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint. Learn and use other software as needed.
- Convey essential information clearly and concisely, both in writing and verbally.
- Attention to detail, accuracy and active listening skills while showing leadership and collaboration.
- Understand audience and ensures content and method of communication is relevant.
- Demonstrate ability to handle multiple projects and priorities yet be responsive to changes in those priorities.
- Demonstrate tenacity and effective analytical skills to handle complex administrative details and to determine best approach/action to use in non-routine situations.
REWARDS & BENEFITS
With benefits starting day one, Grainger is committed to your safety, health, and wellbeing. Our programs provide choice and flexibility to meet our team members’ individual needs. Check out some of the rewards available to you at Grainger:
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance plans.
- Paid time off (PTO) and 6 company holidays per year.
- Automatic 6% 401(k) company contribution each pay period.
- Employee discounts, parental leave, 3:1 match on donations and tuition reimbursement.
- A comprehensive set of emotional, financial, physical, and social wellbeing programs.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
78 total views, 1 today