Title: PT Proofreader, Architecture & Engineering
Location: Remote/Nationwide Remote/Nationwide USA
The (Part Time) Proofreader, Architecture & Engineering helps to ensure the editorial accuracy, consistency, quality and style of PPI Architecture & Engineering products.
- Proofread, research, and fact-check content to PPI standards, ensuring editorial accuracy, consistency, style, and quality.
- Review output against inputs and/or reference works to ensure completeness.
- Read content for accuracy, clarity, and sense, noting possible deviations.
- Compare files to ensure most recent version contains all specified changes.
- Accurately interpret, incorporate, and mark author/SME changes.
- Diplomatically and effectively communicate with project collaborators.
- Meet established deadlines.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor s degree or equivalent in math, science, or engineering preferred. 3 years minimum experience in professional proofreading, preferably in educational, scientific, or technical subjects.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Adobe Acrobat
- Demonstrated ability to accurately and thoroughly proofread on deadline
- Demonstrated ability to modulate depth of proofread to scope of work desired
- In-depth knowledge of The Chicago Manual of Style
- Experience in using detailed style guides and proofing checklists
- Ability to juggle competing deadlines and to handle a large volume of work quickly and accurately
- Ability to make continuous improvements with feedback
- Working knowledge of print, electronic, and online publishing
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Effective collaboration skills
- Excel Skills preferred
We offer a competitive benefits package including:
Remote work providing flexible work/life balance
Comprehensive Retirement Package including 401K company match
Our Gift of Knowledge Program provides tuition assistance and substantial discounts for our employees and close family members
Competitive health benefits
The salary rate for this position is $30.00 per hour.
58 total views, 1 today