Full-Time Sr. Oncology Copywriter
Sr. Oncology Copywriter (Remote)
Remote | Job #1029713
Job Type: Contract
Compensation Range: $75 – 85 per hour
Cella has an exciting opportunity for a Principal Oncology Writer at an award-winning, best-in-class, in-house creative agency at a major pharma company!
This full-service agency produces digital, video, augmented/virtual reality, and print assets and is consistently rated better than both similar in-house agencies and external competitors overall and with respect to innovation, execution, and client support.
This role will focus on supporting our client’s agency work with the oncology business unit across established and pipeline products, as such, 2+ years of recent experience in oncology and deep knowledge of immuno-oncology and/or targeted therapies is required. for this role. The ideal candidate should be a medical writer with a terminal scientific degree who has gained experience from a medical communications agency and delivers exceptional content in live, virtual, and digital settings.
This will be a fully remote, salaried opportunity.
- Develop and review different types of deliverables across diverse project types and audiences.
- Deliverables include slide decks, video scripts, website copy, publications, live and virtual meeting executive summaries, client internal workshops, etc.
- Regularly interact with strategy lead to discuss client goals, format, and content of project-related work
- Partner with Account Services and Scientific Strategy to develop and maintain excellent client relationships and foster organic growth. Proactively identify medical opportunities that contribute to strategic and tactical development within assigned accounts.
- Develop and maintain in-depth knowledge across relevant therapy areas with emerging expertise in at least one therapy area (e.g. lung cancer).
- Educate agency teams by providing medical downloads on science and clinical content in your area of expertise within oncology.
- Review content from a medical/scientific/strategic perspective, contribute to new business pitches.
- Apply insights and data to support the development of new ideas.
- This individual will be an integral part of building up our client’s oncology expertise with the goal of growing the volume of work. Upon hire, this individual’s time will account for 25% project work. As the business grows, 75% of this individual’s time will be devoted to project work.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 8 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Deep understanding of standard medical communications workstreams (e.g., ad boards, speakers’ bureaus, scientific platform development, post-congress debriefs).
- Experienced relationship builder with internal teams, clients, and external stakeholders.
- Strong analytical skills and familiarity with oncology data reporting (clinical trial, real-world, and preclinical datasets).
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Experience in reading and interpreting prescribing information and clinical studies for a variety of audiences.
- Ability to handle multiple timelines and work independently with minimal additional training.
- Experience working with clients and a variety of stakeholders.
- Strong medical research skills.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
At Cella, a randstad digital company, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact HRsupport@randstadusa.com.
Pay offered to a successful candidate will be based on several factors including the candidate’s education, work experience, work location, specific job duties, certifications, etc. In addition, Cella by randstad digital offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health, an incentive and recognition program, and 401K contribution (all benefits are based on eligibility).