Full-Time Senior Copywriter
BRAND – CREATIVE
Blue Bottle Coffee is a passionate and growing team of hundreds around the world, united by the simple purpose of connecting the world to delicious coffee. We roast on three coasts, make delicious drinks, clean up after ourselves, bake cookies, get change at the bank, and say please and thank you.
We’re an impossibly eclectic group of coffee experts, artists, writers, sensory scientists, bakers, designers, and all-around dreamers, who also happen to be some of the most hard-working and talented in the business. Join us!
About the job
Blue Bottle Coffee is looking for a passionate Sr. Copywriter to help grow our business and brand and push our company mission forward. This is a hands-on role with a tremendous opportunity to affect and influence the Blue Bottle Coffee brand voice as we grow globally. The Sr. Copywriter works within the Creative Team to help us tell the world why Blue Bottle leads the industry in delicious coffee. Reporting to the Editorial Director, the Sr. copywriter creates brilliant, inspired copy that captures the quality and essence of our offerings.
- Have a strong interest in writing about Blue Bottle’s fields of expertise, from coffee and cafe design to food and brew tools.
- Write inspiring copy for all marketing materials including, but not limited to, email, digital advertising, e-commerce and website content, blog posts, print assets, social media, and all in-store signage and collateral.
- Help craft the Blue Bottle brand voice and be able to use it capably, adapting the voice to different channels, whether digital, mobile, or print.
- Contribute to brand strategy by partnering with the art director to conceptualize creative for all marketing campaigns.
- Deliver copy on time and according to project specifications and goals.
- Peer edit your teammates’ writing and serve as a resource for writing, editing, and copy tone across the broader creative organization.
- Serve as the main point of contact with stakeholders for copy feedback, questions, and concerns for your projects.
- Create effective, efficient, and compelling content strategies for campaigns as required.
- Manage work across multiple projects and multiple deadlines.
- Actively participate and collaborate with cross-functional partners throughout Blue Bottle Coffee for the achievement of business goals.
- Understand and correctly apply rules of grammar and writing.
- Demonstrate resilience in rewriting content when required.
- A fast, fluid writer with an interest in coffee, sustainability, design, and food
- A hard worker who sets effective work goals, establishes priorities, and plans well in order to produce quality work
- Able to respond to quickly shifting priorities with humor and flexibility
- Able to work independently to manage work deadlines
- A team player and effective collaborator
- Highly organized and structured in your work
- Able to deal with ambiguity, effectively cope with change, decide and act without having the total picture
- A clear communicator
- Curious and always learning
- 5-8 years of experience as a copywriter or copy manager, preferably in-house for a global brand or advertising agency
- Experience managing freelance writers and editors
- Experience writing for the coffee industry preferred
- Familiarity with and devotion to Chicago Manual of Style and Merriam-Webster
- Familiarity with Google Applications Suite, Microsoft Office, and Slack
- A deep love for great coffee, food, and extraordinary customer experiences
A Few Benefits We Offer:
- Health, dental, and vision for eligible employees on day one
- Free drinks at any of our cafes and a complimentary bag of beans to take home each week
- Discounts on any Blue Bottle food items and merchandise
- Paid Time Off
- This position has a minimum salary of $100k. This salary is a good-faith estimate for this position. The final salary offer will be determined after reviewing relevant factors, which include a candidate’s qualifications and experience, where appropriate.
- Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word.
- Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction, and having the ability to receive detailed information through oral communication.
- Making substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
- Close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal and writing documentation.
- Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Occasionally walking, climbing stairs and standing occur in this role.
- Environment: This role is protected within a building, but may be exposed to mild changes in temperature with heating or air conditioning.
72 total views, 1 today