Full-Time Content Writer-Database
If you get why a developer would choose to manage data in their app with JSON documents instead of relational tables, or vice versa, this could be the writing job for you.
The writer in this role will be responsible for but not limited to the following:
- Research the use of new technologies and combinations of technologies and write papers and articles that explain the use and illustrate the business value achievable.
- Interview subject matter experts both inside and outside of Oracle to learn and communicate their unique takes on the application of technology.
- Write ebooks and web-based articles based on agreed-upon outlines
- Contribute to other content mediums, including video scripts, PowerPoints, and social media posts.
- Create SEO-optimized content based on briefs developed by Oracle’s SEO team.
- Assist in special projects or activities as needed. Cover events as needed.
- A Bachelor’s degree in English or Journalism or a related field or 7+ years of experience writing content for business technologists and technology buyers.
- 7+ years of experience covering the technology industry.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills, with a demonstrated ability to create engaging content about highly technical subjects.
- Ability to follow style and usage guidelines.
- Demonstrated experience designing and developing content based on business needs and requirements.
- Ability to work independently and creatively to complete complex writing assignments on deadline.
- Experience working with geographically distributed teams.
- Familiar with project management systems, specifically Wrike.
- Understanding of cloud-based infrastructure and platform services and the various database services they offer.
- Knowledge of database concepts, Structured Query Language (SQL) and database languages.
- Familiarity with programming languages for supported APIs is a plus (JSON, Java/JDBC, C/ODBC, C++, Python).
- Familiarity with data science concepts and tools is a bonus
An Oracle career can span industries, roles, Countries and cultures, giving you the opportunity to flourish in new roles and innovate, while blending work life in. Oracle has thrived through 40+ years of change by innovating and operating with integrity while delivering for the top companies in almost every industry.
In order to nurture the talent that makes this happen, we are committed to an inclusive culture that celebrates and values diverse insights and perspectives, a workforce that inspires thought leadership and innovation.
Oracle offers a highly competitive suite of Employee Benefits designed on the principles of parity, consistency, and affordability. The overall package includes certain core elements such as Medical, Life Insurance, access to Retirement Planning, and much more. We also encourage our employees to engage in the culture of giving back to the communities where we live and do business.
At Oracle, we believe that innovation starts with diversity and inclusion and to create the future we need talent from various backgrounds, perspectives, and abilities. We ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to successfully participate in the job application, interview process, and in potential roles. to perform crucial job functions.
That’s why we’re committed to creating a workforce where all individuals can do their best work. It’s when everyone’s voice is heard and valued that we’re inspired to go beyond what’s been done before.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans’ status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Oracle will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records pursuant to applicable law.
Which includes being a United States Affirmative Action Employer.