We have raised $110 Million in Series D Funding, bringing our valuation to over $1 Billion _to further fuel SmartAsset’s continued growth of its market defining SmartAdvisor platform. _Today, SmartAsset reaches more than 100 million people each month through its personal finance content, custom tools and personalized calculators. SmartAsset was also named to Y Combinator’s list of Top 100 Companies of all time and Forbes’ list of America’s Best Startup Employers in 2020.
SmartAsset has been featured in hundreds of publications, including the Wall Street Journal, CNN, TechCrunch, The New York Times, CNBC, FOX Business, The Washington Post, U.S. News World Report, TIME, Reuters, Businessweek and Barron’s.
About the Team
SmartAsset’s Editorial Team is an agile group of writers, editors and data journalists with a shared goal of demystifying complex personal finance topics and empowering readers to make better financial decisions. We do this through comprehensive explainer articles, financial news coverage, newsletters, data-driven studies and columns addressing common financial questions and problems.
About the Job
SmartAsset is looking for someone with strong writing and editing skills to join our team and help create high-quality personal finance content. The ideal candidate has exceptional writing and editing skills; has a working knowledge of and passion for personal finance; has produced content for a digital audience with a focus on SEO; and has the ability to use data and other information to make sound editorial decisions and build comprehensive and helpful articles.
- Writing and editing informative articles on a wide range of personal finance topics
- Pitching, writing and editing news content on a fast turnaround
- Contributing to our newsletter content campaign
- Editing new and existing articles for both accuracy and SEO best practices
- Managing various update projects
Skills/Experience You Have
- 2+ years working in digital writing and editing, preferably covering retirement, financial planning, investing or the financial advisor industry
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Journalism, Media, Communications, English, Economics or Finance
- Outstanding writing, editing and research skills
- Strong communication and collaboration skills within a fast-paced environment
- An eye for identifying and delivering valuable and actionable information to readers
- Strong understanding of SEO fundamentals
- Capable of conceiving, executing and managing projects with minimal oversight
- Experience writing in multiple content styles and formats, including using data, methodologies and other facts and figures
Available Benefits and Perks
- All roles at SmartAsset are currently and will remain remote – flexibility to work from anywhere in the US.
- Medical, Dental, Vision – multiple packages available based on your individualized needs
- Life/AD&D Insurance – basic coverage at 100% company paid, additional supplemental available
- Short-term and Long-term Disability
- FSA: Medical and Dependant Care
- Equity packages for each role
- Time Off: PTO, 3 Month Paid Parental Leave, Secondary Caregiver Leave
- EAP (Employee Assistance Program)
- Employee Resource Groups supporting our underrepresented communities
- Pet Insurance
- Home Office Stipend
SmartAsset is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at Recruiting@smartasset.com.
California, Colorado, Connecticut, Maryland, Nevada, Rhode Island, Washington, and New York City residents* Minimum Salary of $41,400 – 84K + equity + benefits.
Salary at SmarAsset is determined based on permissible, non-discriminatory factors such as skills, experience, and geographic location within the contiguous United States.