Join us to help carbon removal technologies to scale so that the planet is ready for net zero by 2050! Come and help us save the planet!
Why is Carbon Removal Critical?
Carbon removal includes nature-based solutions like biochar and cutting-edge technologies that literally pull carbon from the sky and store it underground for millennia. We need to scale to remove 10 billion tons a year by 2050 to stay below 1.5 degrees of warming. This is over 14,000x the rate we are removing carbon at today. We’ve only removed a few thousand tonnes to date. This will be a trillion dollar industry by 2050.
About The Marketing Team
Reporting into the Director of Marketing you’ll work to build Marketing almost from scratch. We have big ambitions to create and scale the carbon removal market. Marketing is critical to that. Joining our small yet experienced team means you’ll have direct impact not only on what Marketing at Supercritical looks like but also how the world gets to net zero by 2050.
What Are We Looking For
We’re looking for an experienced Writer & Editor who isn’t afraid of turning deeply complex and technical concepts and scientific information into editorial content and copy that educates, informs, and drives people to take action. ChatGPT doesn’t scare you, it propels your productivity and keeps your editing eye sharp.
You’ve maybe spent time in busy newsrooms or scrappy startups with high velocity content requirements. It’s likely you’ve created long-form content on topics like science, technology, climate, or finance. You don’t just respond to briefs. You bring your ideas and experience to elevate the wider content strategy and not just creating awesome editorial.
- Create authoritative, insightful content that is a go-to resource for our customers and wider audience. You do this with thorough research on complex topics in climate technology and by partnering with internal and external climate experts. Then you produce long-form editorial pieces, such as reports, analysis, in-depth articles, and thought leadership essays.
- Refine and edit content produced by freelancers and other team members, ensuring consistency, accuracy, and a high-quality standard. Mentor other team members, helping them develop their writing skills and subject matter expertise.
- Help us develop and build the voice of Supercritical into a distinguished, recognised one.
- Extreme responsiveness to opportunities, both internal and external (e.g. new carbon removal methods, climate regulation changes). You act like a proactive journalist, always on the lookout for the next compelling climate story that makes people care.
- Contribute to the wider content strategy, supporting the Content Marketing Manager with your insight and experience to build an industry-defining strategy.
What Values Can You Expect From Your Colleagues?
We have set ourselves the mission of leading the carbon removal market to 14,000x its current size by 2050. In order to do that we need brave adventurers that think huge and deliver at speed. We call this the 14,000x mindset. The key components of the 14,000x mindset are:
- Ownership mentality: We relish autonomy and we create it for others. We are deeply curious and thrive on understanding the root cause of complex problems. We take ownership over our own and our team’s development by giving and soliciting direct and actionable feedback.
- Move fast: We identify the most important problems to solve and cut everything else. We test ideas early so we don’t waste time on dead ends. We default to action and deliver awesome results.
- Radiate positive energy: We come to problems with energy and passion. We nurture new ideas and engage positively in testing them. We inspire our colleagues to go further and are resilient to set backs. We recharge by taking time off. We are here for a great day, not a long day.
- Communicate proactively: We communicate simply and directly. We broadcast updates, insights and lessons learnt, especially when things haven’t gone to plan. We give as much context as possible so our teammates can make great decisions.
Salary: £47,500 – £57,500 per annum
- Generous stock options
- Unlimited annual leave
- 1 company-wide day off every month
- Hybrid working: remote first with option to work from a London office 1-2 days per week
- £1000 annual wellbeing allowance
- £500 working-from-home equipment budget
- Monthly company socials
- Purchase high quality carbon removal offsets for your personal emissions from our inventory
Diversity and Inclusion
We’ve been committed to building an inclusive and diverse workplace since day one of the company. We’re the only company we’re aware of with a 50:50 gender balanced list of investors and our day to day processes are always defined with D&I in mind, for example our remote first policy and flexibility around working time.
We are excited to encourage applications and interest from individuals underrepresented in the climate and tech space. Climate change and climate justice is a social issue that cuts across race and gender. We welcome applicants with lived experience across these issues.
Studies have shown that some groups of people, like women, are less likely to apply to a role unless they meet 100% of the job requirements. Whoever you are, if you like one of our jobs, we encourage you to apply as you might just be the candidate we hire.
Applicants from outside the UK
- UK Work Sponsorship: Unfortunately, at this stage of our growth, we are unable to offer UK sponsorship to applicants.
- Candidates who live outside the UK who are not looking to live and work in the UK, are within 3 hours of the GMT/BST timezone and are willing to travel to London quarterly are encouraged to apply. Please note we will use an Employer of Record arrangement in these circumstances.