Writer – Editor
Writer / Editor
Fully Remote SEO Content Writer and Transcript Editor wanted on an ongoing and part-time basis. (Longer term and more full-time opportunities may be available.)
Speakeasy Marketing Inc. is a legal marketing firm that provides website development and content writing services for lawyers across the U.S. in every practice area. Our writing team is responsible for creating quality and professional content that helps connect attorneys with clients who need their services.
We accomplish this by creating long-form article-based content aimed to explain a wide range of legal processes and subjects in an easy-to-read and personable manner.
Applicants Should Have The Following Skills…
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent listening skills (US Accent)
- Must be able to write compelling copy
- Excellent writing with skill in storytelling and copywriting
- Ability to provide high-quality work on a consistent basis
- An understanding of SEO and related practices
- Strong command of English grammar is a must (i.e. sentence structure, punctuation, proper word use, and phrasing)
- Ability to perform tasks within a given deadline (some assignments have a turnaround time of 3 business days)
The following is preferred, but not required for the right applicant…
- Legal Experience
- Copywriting Course Certification
- Search Engine Optimization Proficiency
Your Duties Will Include…
Article Transcript Editing
Edit transcripts of verbal interviews with attorneys on various legal topics. It will be your job to make the text look presentable, personable, and informative enough for a professional website.
- Transcripts are to be completely revised and edited for sentence structure, grammar, spelling, etc.
- Transcript sections are to be edited to read as informative, Q&A-style articles. (i.e. To appear as though the content has not originated from a verbal interview.)
- Transcripts are verbatim. You must be able to use experience and common sense to discern which things should be removed from the final piece. (This includes conversational sentences, “uhs & ums”, and more.)
Transcripts are typically 6-10 pages long (including the title page & table of contents) and take between 1-2 hours to complete.
SEO writing assignments include various kinds of content for an attorney’s site such as: Homepage Content, Practice Area Pages, and Local Area Pages.
- Content should be personable, but professional.
- Content should be SEO-optimized. (We will provide you with relevant keywords to work into the content as needed.)
- Content should clearly explain the type of law or practice area while informing the reader of relevant information.
- Content should explain why the firm is the right choice for the consumer and feature a call to action at the end.
SEO Writing assignments are typically requested to be ~700 words in length and take 1 – 1.5 hours to complete.
While you will work primarily on an individual basis, team participation is a key aspect of any position with Speakeasy. As such, you should be available for:
- Monthly Writing Team Meetings (audio only)
- Occasional 1-on-1 Meetings with Senior Editing Staff & Management
- Team Coaching/Info Sessions (as needed)
Your work with Speakeasy is paid on a per-assignment basis. On average, you can expect 4 Transcript Editing assignments and 4 SEO Writing assignments to be sent to you for completion each week. You will be paid through direct deposit weekly after submitting an invoice for your work each Friday.
- $40 for every transcript assignment of up to 10 pages, and an additional $4 for every page after.
- SEO writing assignments are paid at a rate of $20/hour.
- Team meetings, onboarding, etc. are paid at a rate of $20/hour.
Ready To Apply?
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume AND a 400-word writing sample based on this prompt: DUI In (Your State). Additionally, the subject line of your email should read, “DUI in (Your State)”.
(i.e. DUI in Ohio, DUI in Nebraska, or whichever state you are located in.)
If you qualify, we will send you a few paragraphs of raw transcribed text for you to edit and send back as a sample.
A phone interview will be conducted afterward for top applicants.
**Applicants who do not submit the 400-word sample on DUI will not be considered.**