Full-Time Writer Credit Cards ($50k to $80k)
Title: Writer Credit Cards, Bankrate & CreditCards.com
Location: United States; Charlotte, NC
Red Ventures is looking for a talented and insightful Credit Cards Writer who will be responsible for writing transactional and educational content on Bankrate and CreditCards.com. The Writer will contribute credit card reviews, write and refresh best of pages, update legacy articles and collaborate on editorial projects with editors and SEO team members.
This role focuses primarily on writing and updating credit card reviews and best of roundups. The Writer may also occasionally contribute to credit card news and educational pieces about credit scores, account management, earning and redeeming rewards, business credit, loyalty programs, and points and miles content.
What You’ll Do:
- Produce high-quality, well-researched content at a strong pace, especially credit card reviews and best of roundups
- Stay up to date on industry news and trends to detect content opportunities
- Use SEO best practices and internal documentation to identify the highest-potential content refresh opportunities
- Conduct SEO research to inform writing work while also collaborating with the SEO team
- Update existing content (guides, comparisons, news, etc.) for timeliness and accuracy
- Write following AP style and brand voice and tone
- Check story drafts for errors, typos and linking opportunities
- Occasionally identify, pitch and write credit card-related stories on educational topics
- Use Asana, Google Sheets and our Content Management Systems as part of our editorial workflow for tracking and production
- Embrace opportunities to mentor growing writers
- Work with our Compliance team to ensure content is legally compliant before publishing
What We’re Looking For:
- 2+ years writing/editing experience
- Experience with writing credit card content, especially product-focused content. Alternatively, writing bylines at top publications with a strong interest in the credit card and personal finance space
- Deep familiarity and experience with Google’s ever-evolving search landscape, including EEAT and other similar considerations
- Eager to write about credit card products and rewards programs that you personally use and recommend
- A portfolio of writing samples that showcase attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to adapt quickly to shifting priorities while keeping up with content production pace
- Experience meeting tight deadlines while working independently
- Ability to collaborate with editors, designers, SEO team members, project managers and publishers
- Passionate about content creation and have a track record of coming up with innovative approaches to complicated topics
- Working knowledge of SEO best practices for YMYL content and EEAT storytelling principles
- Familiarity with AP style and using content style guides
- Cash Compensation Range: $50,000 – $80,000
*Note: actual salary is based on geographic location, qualifications, and experience.
Additionally, the following benefits are provided by Red Ventures, subject to eligibility requirements.
- Health Insurance Coverage (medical, dental, and vision)
- Life Insurance
- Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Pay
- 401(k) with match
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Parental Bonding Benefit Program
Who We Are:
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to apply or participate in the job application or interview process, please contact email@example.com.
61 total views, 1 today