Contract Writer, All Levels
Instrument partners with the world’s most ambitious companies to create transformational change through best-in-class digital products and communications. From day one, we’ve been committed to making this a place where people can make the best work of their career — sustainably.
Writers at Instrument work on focused teams, together with strategists, designers, producers, and developers. Collaboration is more than a buzzword here; you’ll be working closely with colleagues and clients that have diverse perspectives and expertise. Writers contribute to every imaginable type of project, and advocate for the importance of well-chosen words in every space.
We’re looking for an expert at writing for brands and their digital experiences. From finely-tuned marketing copy for websites to bold brand manifestos, you’re fluent in the digital space and can weigh the importance of every ounce of copy. As a consummate word nerd, you know how to balance perfect grammar with the cadence of a brand’s voice and tone.
At every stage in a project’s life-cycle, you find, manifest, and sharpen narratives; uncovering insights and crafting language that anchors and inspires teammates and clients. You act as a translator, working to establish common language—from insight to concept, concept to reality, and strategy to action.
What You’ll Do
- Think conceptually
- Write clearly, quickly, and efficiently
- Dive into understanding a client’s business and care about their problems
- Help synthesize insights from project discovery to empower your team
- Provide options and rationale as your work is considered by teammates and clients alike
- Craft pitches, concepts, marketing and UX copy, manifestos, scripts, storyboards, and whatever other deliverables communicate a client’s message
- Write in a human voice for technical concepts and digital products
- Collaborate inclusively and openly with multi-disciplinary teammates and clients.
What You’ll Bring
- An array of digital writing experience – Brand, UX, Marketing, and Product
- An outstanding portfolio of published pieces of varying styles
- Ability to apply a brand’s voice to various product or program areas
- Ability to synthesize, recognize patterns, and make sense of complex inputs
- Fluid multi-disciplinary collaboration
- Curiosity about people and their needs
- Internal spell check and grammar police
- Positive attitude
- Independent spirit
- The expected pay range for this role is $53-84 per hour , but will depends on the level in which you are engaged
- Our company has three regional pay bands that it adheres to depending on your location, we reference them as US 1, US 2, and US 3.
- US 3 is our base pay. Examples of cities in US 3 are Portland, Houston and Miami.
- US 2 pay is 7.5% higher than US 3 to meet the market rates. Examples of cities in US 2 are Los Angeles, Chicago and Seattle.
- US 1 pay is 15% higher than US 3 to meet market rates. Examples of cities in US 1 are Brooklyn and San Francisco.
- If you are curious which region you are in, please apply and get connected with our recruiting team!
52 total views, 1 today