This role is flexible and 100% remote, but candidates MUST reside in the United States to be considered.
Who Are We?
We are The Motley Fool, a purpose-driven financial information and services firm with more than 30 years of experience focused on making the world smarter, happier, and richer. But what does that even mean?! It means we’re helping Fools (always with a capital “F”) demystify the world of finance, beat the stock market, and achieve personal wealth and happiness through our products and services.
The Motley Fool is firmly committed to diversity, inclusion, and equity. We are a motley group of overachievers that have built a culture of trust founded on Foolishness, fun, and a commitment to making the world smarter, happier and richer. However you identify or whatever winding road has led you to us, please don’t hesitate to apply if the description above leaves you thinking, “Hey! I could do that!”
What Does This Team Do?
Motley Fool Money Management houses two related businesses that need freelance writing support.
Motley Fool Asset Management offers a suite of 6 ETFs that provides investors with convenient products that can power their stock portfolios without the pressure of making individual stock picks on their own. Each ETF gives shareholders access to the Foolish high conviction, buy and hold strategy, whether it’s one of our Active ETFs powered by the research and experience of our Portfolio Managers or our Passive ETFs that tracks indexes comprised of the highest scoring investment ideas from the analysts at The Motley Fool LLC.
Motley Fool Wealth Management offers financial planning and wealth management to high-net-worth and emerging high-net-worth individuals.
What Would You Do In This Role?
We are seeking a skilled and knowledgeable freelance writer to write blog posts and segments for both Motley Fool Asset Management as well as Motley Fool Wealth Management that reinforce our brand, educate our audience, and enable compelling calls to action. The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of Foolish tone and our investing philosophy and possess the ability to create engaging, informative, and actionable content for both businesses.
But What Would You Actually Do In This Role?
This role will involve some or all of the following kinds of content:
Motley Fool Asset Management Blog (Monthly Post)
- Write 1-2 monthly blog posts (1250-1500 words) for Motley Fool Asset Management.
- Topics to be chosen in collaboration with the Content Strategist.
- Focus on educating retail investors and external advisors on ETFs, trends, and our investing philosophy.
- Demonstrate a grasp of the Foolish tone and deliver clean, accurate, well-sourced copy.
- Previous experience writing about ETFs and long-term investing is a plus.
- Initial commitment of 1 post per month, with potential for expansion later.
- Comp: $500-$750 per article
Fool Wealth Blog (Weekly/Bi-Weekly Post)
- Contribute to the Fool Wealth blog with up to 5 posts per month (1250-1500 words each).
- Collaborate with the Content Strategist to select topics.
- Provide educational and actionable information for clients and prospects on retirement planning, wealth management, and financial planning.
- Ensure content accessibility for non-financial professionals.
- Enhance credibility with the target audience to support client acquisition and retention.
- Comp: $500-$750 per article
Fool Wealth Happier and Richer Segments (Weekly Email)
- Contribute to the Happier and Richer segments of the weekly email that goes to prospects and clients of Fool Wealth
- Craft short, engaging segments (100-250 words) covering diverse topics.
- Happier segments focus on positive news, business developments, and actionable ways to increase happiness.
- Richer segments highlight wealth planning, investing, and stories of a fulfilling life.
- Deliver between 4-5 segments for each category monthly.
- Compensation: $50 per article with an estimated word count of 100-200 words per article.
- Proven experience in writing financial content for both a professional and non-professional audience
- Demonstrated experience writing content with a Foolish tone.
- Ability to meet deadlines and collaborate with Content Strategist on topic selection.
- Familiarity with ETFs, Foolish investing, financial planning, wealth management, and retirement planning topics.
- Strong research skills to provide accurate and well-sourced information.
Certified Financial Planner (CFP) or demonstrated expertise in the above topics.
Pay Range Per Project $50—$750 USD
By applying on this site, you acknowledge that The Motley Fool will be collecting the personal data you provide for our recruiting purposes. Please see our Applicant Privacy Notice for additional information about how we process, transfer, and store your data, including where that data is stored, and about any additional privacy rights you may have based on your jurisdiction.