What You’ll Do
- Report and write monthly editorial assignments based on a mix of updating top-performing pieces as well as targeting new SEO keywords
- Work closely with the SEO Editor and VP, Content and Brand to optimize SEO articles for Google’s E-E-A-T criteria as well as The Muse’s style guidelines
- Work closely with the social media and video teams to repackage articles for key off-site platforms including LinkedIn, Instagram, TikTok, and YouTube
- Brainstorm and write non-SEO articles that are instead social/email plays or news-based as needed.
Who You Are
- Established reporter/writer with bylines on reputable service journalism outlets (self-published articles on Medium and similar platforms do not meet this standard)
- Strong reporter with a knack for identifying and securing credible sources; can craft thoughtful questions and turn interviews into fresh career advice that the reader wouldn’t have come up with on their own
- Exceptional attention to detail with the ability to file multiple stories a day that are free of typos, grammatical errors, and/or inaccuracies
- Proactive and competitive personality, someone who naturally seeks out new SEO opportunities and wants The Muse and Fairygodboss to maintain their status as go-to career resources for professionals
- Strong time-management and a proven ability to meet deadlines
Who We Are
The Muse is the go-to destination for the next-generation workforce to research companies and careers. More than 70 million visitors each year trust our two platforms, The Muse and Fairygodboss, to help them win at work, from professional advancement and skills-building techniques to finding a job.
At The Muse, we believe that great ideas can come from anywhere. We support a collaborative environment and value open participation from individuals with different ideas, experiences, and perspectives. We believe having a diverse team makes The Muse a more interesting and innovative place to work, and we strive to make The Muse a welcoming and inclusive place for all.