We believe that culture is our core, and we foster an environment that encourages creativity, teamwork, and openness. We are a group of passionate, hardworking, and talented individuals who love to work collaboratively. If this sounds like you, read on…
What You’ll Do
As Staff Writer your primary responsibility and the majority of your time will be spent acting as the writer on duty which involves writing various pieces of content at a high volume.
- Create thoughtful, smart and relevant story ideas based on breaking news and viral content (on average, a minimum of 8-12 per day but output varies).
- Complete assignments from editors based on editorial needs, with the goal of maximizing real-time traffic, hitting projected team goals, and executing content strategy (i.e. projects, season previews, theme weeks, etc).
- Have a voice! Pitch relevant stories to editors for approval by keeping your finger on the pulse of the fan conversation.
- Generate areas of expertise by following up on winning stories with updates and follows and committing to winning topic pillars.
- Enthusiastically communicate and collaborate with editors on the team.
- Ability to work nights, weekends and holidays, as required.
- Be a great teammate, willing to respond to changing needs of the content team.
The expected salary range for this position is between $40,000 – $45,000 annually. Actual pay will be determined based on skills, experience, and location. The benefits available for this position include flexible vacation policy, 15 paid holidays, paid parental leave, health insurance, 401(k) retirement plan.
What You Have
- Digital sports writing experience
- Knowledge of major professional and collegiate sports (NFL, MLB, NBA, WNBA, NHL, NWHL, CFB, CBB)
- Ability to quickly produce clean and interesting opinions on a variety of trending / viral topics, multiple times a day
- Capacity to say more about a trending topic than what has already been said
- Attention to detail, ability to meet deadlines, and multitask at a fast pace
- Motivated, well organized and proactive team player
Advantages/Nice to Haves
- Experience with WordPress CMS is a plus
- Familiarity with FanSided’s content and product
Not sure that you’re 100% qualified but are up for the challenge? We want you to apply!
Minute Media is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Minute Media participates in E-Verify.