Full-Time Writer ($5400 per project)
Writer, Commerce Gift Guides
Blavity, Inc. is a venture-funded media and technology company, founded in 2014 around a simple idea: enable Black millennials to tell their own stories. Today, we are home to the largest network of platforms and lifestyle brands serving the multifaceted lives of Black millennials & Gen Z through original content, video, unique experiences, and product solutions. Blavity Inc. has evolved into a market leader for Black media, reaching 250 million users per month through our growing brand portfolio, including Blavity, Blavity360, Shadow & Act, AfroTech & Talent Infusion, 21Ninety, Travel Noire, and Home & Texture. Our Blavity, Inc. employee community is composed of passionate, energetic, and culturally conscious individuals working together to deliver value to each other, the company, and our clients. We are always searching for new additions to our community that will help us continue to scale, contribute meaningfully to our culture, and advance our strategic direction.
We’re looking for a compelling and passionate Commerce Gift Guide Writer to create a series of long-form affiliate content during the upcoming holiday season. These articles will focus on audience preferences, SEO, and emerging products while keeping Blavity Inc’s brands like Travel Noire, 21Ninety, Home & Texture and AfroTech top of mind. In this role, the guides you create will steer our audience to make purchasing decisions.
The Commerce Gift Guide Writer must have a knack for staying in-the-know about shoppable trends with Black and multicultural audiences in terms of lifestyle, fashion, home, tech and pop culture.
This role is managed by the Associate Vice President of Consumer Media.
This is a contract 1099 position. Contractors will be responsible for providing their own equipment, including but not limited to laptop computers, cell phones, or any other electronic equipment required to perform their role.
- Write and edit at least 20 gift guides that are engaging with compelling, action-oriented content that leads to conversion
- Work directly with Associate Vice President of Consumer Media and Affiliate Director to ensure that content is generating e-commerce revenue, driving traffic to websites and supporting SEO initiatives
- Monitor competitors, industry trends and how stories are performing to aid and optimize content strategy
- Education: Bachelor’s degree
- Required Experience:
- At least three years creating commerce articles and content for lifestyle brands
- CMS experience
- Experience working with affiliate tools such as Skimlinks, Sovrn, Amazon Associates, and Rakuten.
- Experience with WordPress, SEO tools, Google Search Console, and GA4 (or equivalent)
- Fluent in Google Suite
- Plus if you have previous experience with project manager tools such as Asana and Jira
- Additional Qualifications:
- Strong written and organization skills along with effective and appropriate written communication, including grammar and AP Style
- A deep knowledge of, passion for, and understanding of the travel industry
- A self-starter who can pivot seamlessly as new directives are identified
- Eager to grow within a fast-paced, evolving company
- A healthy appreciation of GIFs and Black culture
- This is a fully remote role.
- Candidates must be able to work at least 50% in alignment to the Eastern Standard Time Zone.
- The pay rate for this role is $225 per gift guide ($5,400 in total for the project).
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter online at BlavityInc.com/Careers.
Blavity is committed to creating a diverse environment free of discrimination and harassment, and building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.
Blavity is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, HIV Status, veteran status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
36 total views, 1 today