Huckleberry’s purpose is to create life-changing products and experiences through fresh, beautiful, human-centered technology that brings health, well-being, and a bit of magic to every family.
We combine Data, AI, and Behavioural Science to build products that are at the cutting edge of tech today.
The app has 4.9 stars, garnering rave reviews from people who call it “life-changing” and their “#1 recommendation to parents”.
We are rapidly growing and building new products to enable every family to thrive.
About The Role
We are looking for a part-time editorial writer to collaborate with various pediatric experts to create engaging, informative content for our app and website. The successful candidate should have strong interviewing, writing, and editing skills. They should also keenly understand different content platforms and be able to package and reformat existing content accordingly. The focus of the content will be on child development, health, and parenting topics.
Huckleberry’s content is trusted across the world. Everything we create is medically reviewed by Pediatricians, OB-GYNs, and Sleep Consultants. Everything is presented in an easy-to-implement style. When a user’s child won’t stop crying at 3 am in the morning, they can easily see what to do and have the peace of mind that they are getting the right information.
This is a fully remote, 20-hours-per-week (flexible hours), 12-month contract opportunity.
Areas of Responsibility
- Write content related to child development, health, and parenting topics for an exclusively mobile audience
- Conduct interviews with pediatric experts to ensure accuracy and relevance of content
- Package and reformat existing content to fit various platforms
- Meet deadlines and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Collaborate with our team to develop content ideas
- Stay up-to-date on industry trends and developments in child development and parenting.
- Proven experience as a writer with over 5 years of experience, preferably specializing in child development, health, or parenting
- Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills
- Strong research and interviewing skills
- Proven creative flair for writing that has a real impact on users and readers
- Content Management Systems (CMS) experience
Nice to Have
- Familiarity with SEO and social media best practices
- Mobile / App writing experience
- Hourly Rate: $35 – $48 per hour dependent on experience
Huckleberry Labs is an equal-opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
Huckleberry Labs makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.
How to Apply