Campfire Labs is a content marketing agency that helps brands like Dropbox, Asana and Stripe tell stories that inspire. We’re a mission-driven company that puts people first, and we donate 50% of our profits to climate action.
We’re always looking for experienced writers to work with us. To that end, we’ve created this space so folks who are interested in writing on a freelance or contract basis—as part of our team, but not full-time—can apply to work with our editorial crew and growing roster of clients.
Here’s a little more about what we’re looking for!
Our Freelance Team Members
- Write content for our clients, including digital books, survey reports, articles, podcast scripts, video scripts, and ghostwriting projects
- Revise content based on feedback from internal editors and client stakeholders
- Schedule and conduct interviews with subject matter experts (SMEs) as needed, including clients, customers of clients, and external sources
- Track their time on a per-project basis to help us understand which projects are taking up the most bandwidth
- Acquire a working knowledge about our clients, their products or services, and the audience(s) their content is written for
There are also opportunities for our freelance team members to grow into full-time Staff Writers, if they wish. That said, we’re open to working with folks with different availability. If you have no interest in going full-time, that’s fine! But if you’d be open to exploring it in the future, as we continue to grow, that’d be great, too.
What We’re Looking For
- Freelancing experience: This isn’t your first rodeo: you’ve freelanced before (or done something similar), and have the long-form writing and organizational skills to prove it.
- B2B, SaaS, and marketing experience: Nearly all of our customers are in these fields. Having written for one or more of these areas in the past will help you get up to speed much faster.
- Interviewing experience: You’re comfortable independently conducting interviews to drive your writing. You know how to draft questions that will give you the information you need, and how to structure stories around the answers.
- Openness to feedback: You’ve worked closely with an editor in the past, and understand how feedback makes your writing better.
- Excellent organization: You can independently manage multiple writing projects at once. You should have some familiarity with project management software (we use ClickUp).
- Kindness: Our team is built around a shared value of kindness: to each other, to our clients, and to the rest of the world at large. We look for this value in everyone we work with.