We’re a small, diverse team working at the cutting edge of machine learning. At Cohere, our mission is to build machines that understand the world and to make them safely accessible to all. Language is at the crux of this, but it can be difficult and expensive to parse the syntax, semantics, and context that all work together to give words meaning. The Cohere platform provides access to Large Language Models through its APIs that read billions of web pages and learn to understand the meaning, sentiment, and intent of the words we use in a richness never seen before.
We recently raised our Series B, signed a multi-year partnership with Google Cloud, and we are focused on bringing our technology to market. We will partner with customers so they can build natural language understanding and generation into their products with just a few lines of code.
We’re ambitious — we believe our technology will fundamentally transform how industries interact with natural language. And we have the technical chops to back it up – Cohere’s CEO, Aidan Gomez, is a co-author of the groundbreaking paper “Attention is all you need”, (over 23k citations) and was previously part of Google Brain. Our entire technical team is world-class.
We are focused on creating a diverse and inclusive work environment so that all of our team members can thrive. We welcome kind and brilliant people to our team, from wherever they come.
Why This Role?
On this team, you’ll get to work with one of the leading AI and NLP teams in the world, work on a fast-growing product, and contribute to the company culture.
Please Note: We have offices in Toronto, Palo Alto, and London but embrace being remote-first! There are no restrictions on where you can be located for this role.
As a Technical Writer, You Will
- Create documentation and guides that make it easy for customers to get started using our products and leverage advanced capabilities
- Delve into analytics and identify opportunities for improvements to existing content
- Collaborate with Design and Product to marry great visualization with great copy
- Dive deep into the product and collaborate with ML and Engineering to make our platform more approachable to new users
- Write and edit friendly, clear UI text for new product features
- Collaborate with the team to plan content for major product releases and events
You May Be a Good Fit If
- You have previously written for a developer audience
- You love technology, can dive into the technical nature of Cohere, and learn on the job
- You can communicate effectively with Engineering, ML, and Product teams
- You have great user empathy, ranging from developers to non-technical users
- You have a keen eye for detail in your work
- You can edit existing work or create new copy with input from stakeholders
- You can embrace a fast-paced, iterative work environment and work on deadlines
- You have experience with APIs
- You have experience or interest with ML, Data Science, or NLP technologies
If some of the above doesn’t line up perfectly with your experience, we still encourage you to apply! If you consider yourself a thoughtful worker, a lifelong learner, and a kind and playful team member, Cohere is the place for you.
We welcome applicants of all kinds and are committed to providing both an equal opportunity process and work environment. We value and celebrate diversity and strive to create an inclusive work environment for all.
🤝 An open and inclusive culture and work environment
🧑💻 Work closely with a team on the cutting edge of AI research
🍽 Free daily lunch
🦷 Full health and dental benefits for employees based in Canada and the US, including a separate budget to take care of your mental health
🐣 100% Parental Leave top-up for 6 months for employees based in Canada and 12 weeks in the US
🎨 Personal enrichment benefits towards arts and culture, fitness and well-being, quality time, and workspace improvement
🏙 Remote-flexible, offices in Toronto, Palo Alto, and London and coworking stipend
✈️ 6 weeks of vacation and shared Canada/US holidays.