About The Opportunity
We’re all about connecting hungry diners with our network of over 300,000 restaurants nationwide. Innovative technology, user-friendly platforms and streamlined delivery capabilities set us apart and make us an industry leader in the world of online food ordering. When you join our team, you become part of a community that works together to innovate, solve problems, grow, work hard and have a ton of fun in the process!
Why Work For Us
Grubhub is a place where authentically fun culture meets innovation and teamwork. We believe in empowering people and opening doors for new opportunities. If you’re looking for a place that values strong relationships, embraces diverse ideas–all while having fun together–Grubhub is the place for you!
The Impact You Will Make
Grubhub is looking for a collaborative Manager to join our Workforce Management team. The Workforce Management team is focused on Call Center Operations – we surface insights that increase performance across the organization. You will be responsible for accuracy of the forecast and aligned staffing plans through execution and service level performance. Senior Leaders will look to you to provide strategic expertise in the WFM space and sphere of influence. You will guide analyst priorities and development; understand the ‘who, what, and whys’ of our business. Working with other departments is a must as you support the team digging into trends, and surface opportunities that create impact and value.
- Understand requirements and effect of strategic plans throughout the implementation cycle
- Review inputs to the capacity plan model with long-term forecast analysts to support forecasting accuracy.
- Partner with BPOs /internal teams to improve their WFM plan
- Be a WFM subject matter expert giving feedback on strategic decision-making regarding footprint, contact structure, and process impacts
- Conduct analysis on the impact to service level performance by adjusting specialist schedules to ensure resource coverage. Make recommendations to improve performance.
Workforce Optimization & Long-term Forecasting
- Analyze workforce metrics to improve human resources capacity planning and maximize labor utilization rates.
- Collaborate to meet Service level agreements based on contact volumes, handle times, and staffing requirements for multiple departments within the Grubhub Care organization
Leadership & Partnership
- Lead a team of WFM Analysts and Sr. Analysts
- Be a knowledge leader assisting to create cooperation between short-term, long term, scheduling and command efforts
- Act together with other WFM leaders as WFM contact
- Partner with Reporting & Analytics to create clear summaries and business insight for Care leadership
- Provide WFM guidance on outsource contract considerations (AHT, Volume Allocation) to partner operations team
- Partner with departments that influence Care (Marketing, Product, Finance, and Talent Acquisition)
- Participate in the hiring and onboarding process to ensure the plan is met and that command center is prepared.
What You Bring to the Table
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- 5+ years experience or equivalent of relevant industry experience in forecasting and staffing contact centers.
- 3+ years of formal management / team leadership experience required
- Excellent Excel skills (can perform complex functions) and data analysis experience, including the ability to draw accurate conclusions from raw data, and provide suggestions to address gaps
- Continuous Improvement mindset
- Comfortable challenging leadership in their assumptions and aligning on agreeable approach
- Ability to travel 25%
- Experience with networking, and build relationships across organizations outside of care (including Finance, Marketing & Operations, senior leadership in Care and leadership teams at our BPOs.
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO. Grubhub employees are provided a generous amount of time to recharge their batteries.
- Health and Wellness. Excellent medical benefits, employee network groups and paid parental leave are just a few of our programs to support your overall well-being.
- Competitive Pay. You’ll receive a competitive base salary with eligibility for generous incentives, bonuses, commission or RSUs (role-specific).
- Learning and Career Growth. Your personal and professional development is a priority at Grubhub. We empower you to be a leader and grow your career through training, coaching and mentorship opportunities.
- MealPerks. Get meals on us! Our employees get a weekly Grubhub credit to enjoy and support local restaurants.
- Fun. Every Grubhub office has an employee-led Culture Crew that connects people through fun, meaningful events and initiatives like Wellness Wednesdays, Slack competitions and virtual happy hours!
- Social Impact. At Grubhub we believe in giving back through programs like the Grubhub Community Relief Fund and donating $1 million to the Equal Justice Initiative in 2020. Employees are also given paid time off each year to support the causes that are important to them.
- COVID-19 Response. All of our employees are currently working from home and will be for the foreseeable future. We look forward to seeing everyone in-office when it’s safe to return.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome diversity and encourage a workplace that is just as diverse as the customers we serve. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. If you’re applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an email to TalentAcquisition@grubhub.com and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
CA Privacy Notice: If you are a resident of the State of California and would like a copy of our CA privacy notice, please email email@example.com.