Freelance Women’s Lifestyle Commerce Writer
Women’s Lifestyle Commerce Writer, Part-Time
Bustle Digital Group is seeking a remote part-time Commerce writer to join our growing Commerce and Affiliate Marketing team.
The Commerce team operates separately from each site’s editorial team, and Commerce articles are written to generate revenue from sales of products featured in the articles. The Commerce team covers the full range of product categories, including home, health, beauty, fashion etc. The success of an article is measured based on the affiliate revenue it earns this means a strong candidate needs to not only be a strong writer but able to effectively communicate what makes a product worth purchasing. The ideal candidate should have three or more years of experience writing for online or print, and previous experience with commerce or affiliate content writing is a plus. Most importantly, candidates should be knowledgeable and passionate about researching products, especially those found on Amazon.
Candidates must be able to work remotely three to four days per week (and 24 hours per week), Monday through Friday, on a regularly scheduled shift during standard business hours. Please do not apply UNLESS you have this availability.
- Write assigned product roundups for BDG brands such as Bustle, Elite Daily, Romper, Nylon, Mic, and Inverse
- Write single-product and brand spotlight reviews
- Work closely with your editor to ensure that articles are informative, conversational, and optimized for affiliate
- 3+ years of editorial or copywriting experience
- Excellent time management and organization
- Availability to work a regular, consistent shift remotely 3-4 days per week during business hours, M-F, for 24 hours total
Bonus if you have:
- Commerce or product copywriting
- Reporting and interviewing experts by email or phone
- Working remotely
$24 – $26 an hour
BDG is one of today’s leading global media companies with a portfolio of distinct digital and experiential brands that are shaping culture through its authentic and trusted storytelling. Audiences turn to our brands Bustle, Elite Daily, The Zoe Report, NYLON, Inverse, Mic, W, Romper, Scary Mommy, Fatherly, and The Dad to hear from a set of diverse voices around the interests engaging the next generation. Founded in 2013, the Company reaches over 223 million readers and social fans and serves hundreds of the world’s largest advertisers. BDG has global offices in New York, Los Angeles, Miami, London, and Paris.