Contract Web Content Copy Editor
The Copy Editor’s role is to review and revise each piece of content for grammatical and factual accuracy and ensure our brand’s unique brand tone and voice is consistent across all surfaces. You will work closely with cross-functional teams to review and edit in a timely manner to ensure deadlines are met.
Candidates for the Copy Editor position should be strong fact-checkers, editors, writers, and communicators across a wide range of topics including finance, parenting, and more. Candidates should have proficiency with tools such as the Google Docs Suite and project management systems like Asana. Candidates with experience in SEO content writing/editing, and with topics including families, finance, and parenting are strongly preferred.
What You’ll Do
- Review and revise content from internal copywriters, external agencies, and freelancers for accuracy and quality including spelling, grammar, punctuation and syntax
- Review and revise content to ensure correct and consistent brand tone and voice across all sources
- Conduct thorough fact-checking and research to verify the accuracy of information presented in our content, citing additional sources where appropriate
- Collaborate closely with writers and other stakeholders to resolve any factual issues or discrepancies
- Provide constructive feedback and recommendations to writers and editors to improve the accuracy and quality of content
- Collaborate with XFN teams (copy, SEO, design, web) on production timelines and communicate with production teams to ensure content is published on time
- Drive process efficiencies and improve documentation
What You Should Bring
- A minimum of 3+ years of copy editing, fact-checking, and/or writing experience, preferably in a journalistic, academic, or publishing environment
- Writing and editing skills that include implementing a brand voice / tone, grammar, punctuation, and accuracy
- Background in writing or editing in the finance and/or parenting space
- Uncompromising precision and attention to detail
- Strong research skills and the ability to assess the credibility of sources
- Experience in project management, leveraging tools such as Asana
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills – written and verbal
- Able to work under pressure, meet deadlines, and handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Must work well in a remote team environment
- SEO writing experience is a plus.