Visual Designer Contract (20-30hrs/week)
Kiva (kiva.org) is an international nonprofit with a mission to expand financial access to help underserved communities thrive. We run a global marketplace platform to crowdfund microloans for financially excluded entrepreneurs, farmers and students around the world. Through Kiva Capital, we serve as a bridge between large scale impact first investors and underserved populations. Our digital identity platform enables borrowers who don’t have a track record with traditional financial institutions to record and verify their financial history and gain access to less costly mainstream financial markets.
Our organization combines the culture and technological passion of an internet start-up with the compassion and empathy of a non-profit to create impact and opportunity at global scale. Since 2005, we have raised more than $1.66 billion in loan capital for 4.1 million borrowers in 77 countries. Our lenders fund over $10 million in loans every month. With offices in San Francisco, Portland, New York, Nairobi, and Bangkok, Kiva’s team includes 100+ employees and 400+ volunteers worldwide. Our team is growing as we pursue exciting new opportunities to create a financially inclusive world.
Independent Contractor Project Overview
This is for a 4 – 6 month, remote contract project working with the Creative Studio at Kiva – starting as soon as feasible.
As a Visual Designer, you’ll be part of Kiva’s Creative Studio team. The Creative Studio designs and executes marketing campaigns to drive awareness of Kiva and the acquisition of new lenders.
The Visual Designer will work directly with the Creative Director. You’ll also work closely with other designers and writers on the Studio team, as well as cross-functionally with the Marketing and Content teams.
At this time, we can only consider applicants with authorization to work in the United States on a permanent, full-time basis; unfortunately we cannot provide visa sponsorship.
Who you are:
- An experienced designer with 4-6 years of agency or in-house creative studio experience.
- You balance multiple projects with ease.
- You are curious and strategic. Always looking for the right design for the right audience. You aren’t afraid to ask questions or challenge assumptions.
- You excel in distilling complicated concepts into stunning visuals.
- An email expert who delights in email design best practices and has experience with email design systems.
- You understand the nuances of designing for different channels and their different strategic needs all within the same campaign.
- You enjoy working on a creative team. You give constructive feedback, tips, best practices, and tricks of the trade.
- You have experience using Google suite and Figma.
- You’re familiar with designing and implementing design systems, specifically in Figma.
What you’ll do:
- Develop concepts for, and design executions for our Evergreen campaigns. Campaign elements include email, social media posts, landing pages, animation, and other channels as they are needed.
- Email is our main nurture and acquisition tool. You’ll be designing for multiple audiences for each campaign and will understand the benefits of a modular design system to improve efficiency and quality of design.
- Work collaboratively with other members of the creative team including writers, designers, project managers, and our Marketing and Product partners.
- Absorb Kiva’s brand and use it to create new ways to engage and delight our audience.
- Work within our Project Management tool to complete tasks on time.
What we offer:
- An opportunity to improve real lives, solve hard problems, and change the world
- Friendly, supportive, and adventurous environment
- Opportunities to connect with and learn from partners around the world
- Kiva’s Creative Studio is a remote-first team: work from wherever you want to be!
A diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is an integral part of Kiva’s culture. We actively welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a great place to work. Join us and help us achieve our mission!
At this time, we can only consider applicants with authorization to work in the United States on a permanent, full-time basis; unfortunately we cannot provide visa sponsorship. We will only accept applications directly from candidates. Kiva will not be responsible for any recruiting agency fees, absent a formal agreement.