Freelance Virtual Paralegal Assistant
Virtual Paralegal Assistant
FREELANCE | BACK OFFICE BETTIES |
Title Virtual Assistant
Work Experience 1-3 years
Salary $20 per hour
This is a remote position.
This is a 1099 position. You will NOT be W2.
You must reside in the United States to apply.
We are on the search for a strong communicating, tech savvy, multi-tasking, self-starting wizard who is service-oriented to fill the position of Virtual Paralegal. Our ideal candidate will thrive working from home, have a high attention to detail, be extremely organized, learn new systems quickly, and have exceptional time management. If this sounds like you, keep on reading!
We are a boutique Virtual Paralegal Service for law firms in the United States and Canada. We’re excited to offer this service to our clients, and to go above and beyond for them, providing an exceptional level of professionalism and customer service. Our Virtual Paralegals will be assigned to specific clients desiring our virtual assistant service, and the Virtual Paralegal will be their right-hand man or lady!
Some clients are looking for minimal hours per week and some are looking for a full-time Virtual Paralegal. You could have one client or multiple, depending on your availability. This is an incredible flex-schedule opportunity, and it’s the perfect career for an administrative rock star! Paralegal or legal experience is required.
What does a day in the life of virtual assistant look like? Well, in short, never the same! As a Virtual Paralegal, you wear many different hats which makes everyday new and exciting!
Some responsibilities include:
- Email and calendar management
- Client management
- Document management
- Intake coordinator
- Billing support
- Research & introductions with referral partners
- Tech support tickets
- Running Chatbot
- Personal assistant (scheduling appointments, coordinating travel arrangements, etc.)
- Do the right thing, even when it’s hard: Never take a shortcut, because it’s more convenient for you. Take the long road when it’s best for the client, the team, or the company. Act with integrity, especially when no one is looking. Do whatever it takes to turnaround a bad situation.
- Figure it out and get it done: Ideas deserve praise, execution is worthy of worship. Exhaust all resources. Identify. Research.
- Be a goal digger: Achieve the extraordinary. Bring your A-game. Exceed expectations.
- Focus on the good of the whole: It’s not about who is right; it’s about what is right. Community (teamwork + clients) before self. Teamwork makes all of our dreams work.
- Own the outcome, no excuses: If you want something, be proactive and go after it. Ask “How do I get there?” instead of complaining about being there. Foster a culture of candor and accountability.
- ABC, Always Be Curious: Have a thirst for learning. Practice a growth mindset. Continuously explore new and better ways.
- You MUST complete our survey.
- This is a 1099 position. You will NOT be W2. You must reside in the United States to apply.
- Bilingual preferred, but not required (English & Spanish)
- Paralegal or legal experience is required
- Availability during regular business hours
- Customer service experience required
- 2-years of administrative experience required
- It is your responsibility to obtain your own computer and equipment.
- Exceptional language skills – verbal and written
- Quiet home office space available if calls to clients are requested
- Internet speeds of 75+ MBPS (visit Fast.com to check. CenturyLink is a banned ISP due to the unreliability of their network)
- A wired Ethernet connection. Wifi is a security risk and can also cause a spotty connection.
Get ready, this is the best part….
- No work on the weekends. We are only open Monday through Friday.
- Work from home – ALWAYS!
- You make your own schedule!
- You decide if the clients are a great fit for YOU!
- Decide your own availability! We hire part-time and full-time Virtual Paralegals
- Paid training
- Bonusly: A peer-to-peer recognition software to cash in points for gift cards and prizes
- Virtual Team Gatherings: We gather either monthly or bimonthly for a fun team event. Past examples include a taco cooking class, a virtual costume party with trivia and prizes and a tour of a farm in Australia.