Full-Time Virtual Executive Assistant
Remote, United States, Canada
Datavant is a rapidly growing healthcare technology company with a mission to connect the world’s health data. By eliminating data silos in the healthcare industry, we aim to unlock opportunities to accelerate clinical data exchange, medical research, and help organizations design better ways to facilitate access, affordability, and quality of care leading to better patient outcomes.
By joining Datavant today, you’re stepping onto a highly collaborative, fully remote team that is passionate about creating transformative change in healthcare. We look for people who are smart, nice and get things done. We invest in our people and believe in hiring for high-potential and humble individuals who can rapidly grow their responsibilities as the company scales. Datavant is a distributed, remote-first team (no office locations) and we empower Datavanters to shape their working environment in a way that suits their needs — learn more here! We are fully remote and distributed across the country with colleagues in all US, Canadian, and UK time zones.
In this expanded executive assistant role role you will bring strategic thought to your partnership with our Chief Product Officer (CPO) and our Head of Engineering by giving support, leverage, and peace of mind to them and other executives. You can and will grow as our team expands and executive needs become more complex, including the management of strategic projects and key organizational initiatives.
- Deliver reliable, professional administrative support for the CPO and Head of Engineering as well as light support for their direct reports including:
- Manage calendar, travel booking, and schedule internal and external meetings (e.g., executives, board members, clients)
- Gather key data and draft company-wide communications from Executives
- Facilitate internal company celebration events, ensuring accomplishments and employee milestones are recognized
- Handle highly-confidential and/or sensitive information with discretion and tact
- Planning, communication and event logistics for in-person team offsites (roughly once per quarter)
- Enable team to scale by ensuring no critical documents or processes fall through the cracks, including:
- Own and manage the calendar for critical meetings and bonding events, ensuring they occur with proper preparation and smooth logistics
- Reconcile vendor commitments, employee expenses and credit card statements for executives you support
- Ensuring vendor quotes and engagement letters are routed correctly, and centralized for easy access
- Bring a mindset for process improvement to all things, suggest more efficient ways to conduct core executive operations
This role does not:
- Support executives outside of professional requirements (no personal support)
- Report to the CPO/Head of Engineering. You will be part of a broader, high impact EA team.
What You Will Bring to the Table:
- Prior experience in an executive assistant role supporting a C-Suite Level Exec is highly valuable, especially if some of that experience is at larger companies (2,000+ employees)
- World-class attention to detail: names are spelled correctly, time-zones are accurate, you proofread all your work by default.
- Professional and helpful: you are accessible yet appropriately distanced, you offer help proactively when needs arise without aggressively inserting yourself. You feel comfortable knowing when to make decisions without all the necessary input (“ask for forgiveness rather than permission”), and when to wait or escalate,
- Well organized: you have a system to track key activities, you follow up on all open items, no tasks fall through the cracks
- Fast response time, especially to requests from your Executives and when coordinating meetings with external parties
- Generally answer all direct Executive needs/questions within 4 hours between 8am and 6pm EST on work days
- Some responsiveness over evenings/weekends is expected (don’t ‘go dark’ from Friday 5pm to Monday 8am)
- On occasion, long hours, weekend work, and on-call support may be needed. Ideally these needs are seen in advance and can be discussed.
- Follow up with external parties regarding coordination/scheduling should happen within 12 hours (OK if meeting arrangement is not finalized, but must acknowledge request and start conversation same day)
- You understand and respect confidentiality
- Ability to travel throughout the year for Leadership and EA offsites
We are committed to building a diverse team of Datavanters who are smart, nice, and get things done where every Datavanter is empowered to bring their authentic self to their work. We are all responsible for stewarding a high-performance culture in which all Datavanters belong and thrive. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and welcome applications from people of all backgrounds and experiences.
Our compensation philosophy is to be externally competitive, internally fair, and not win or lose on compensation. Salary ranges are developed with the support of benchmarks (competitive San Francisco rates for US-based roles) and industry best practices.
We’re building a high-growth, high-autonomy culture. We rely less on job titles and more on cultivating an environment where anyone can contribute, the best ideas win, and personal growth is driven by expanding impact and less by title. This means we default to simple job titles (e.g., Software Engineer) rather than complex ones (e.g., Senior Software Engineer). The range posted is for a given job title, which can include multiple levels. Individual rates for the same job title may differ based on their level, responsibilities, skills, and experience for a specific job. The estimated salary range for this role is $100,000-$160,000.