Remote (preferred time zones are EST, CT, MT, and PST)
Only One is the digital home for the ocean conservation movement. We leverage the power of technology and storytelling to catalyze a global audience of activists and donors. Our world-class content inspires new audiences, and our technology platform connects them with simple but effective ways to take action. We mobilize a global ocean audience to make meaningful impacts on marine life, the climate crisis, and the communities most impacted by threats to the ocean.
About the Video Editor:
Only One is looking for a Video Editor to join our team as we work to combine storytelling with innovative digital advocacy work to mobilize millions to win global campaigns. The Video Editor will…
- Lead the development of video content for distribution on our owned digital channels and support a range of post-production processes and tasks.
- Independently perform all aspects of creative editing at an advanced level, from conceptualization to final polishing within a designated time frame. These tasks include story cutting, motion graphics, color grading, sound design, and music editing.
- Manage and perform technical tasks such as media ingest, transcoding, asset collection, file organization, and regular maintenance of hardware and software.
- Lead the onboarding of new team members and training junior staff in our workflows and best practices.
- Work closely with our Growth and Product teams to support the execution of creative briefs.
The Video Editor is a critical part of the organization’s mission to educate, engage, and activate diverse communities around ocean conservation. They are an exceptional creator, with a deep knowledge of storytelling in the digital landscape. They are someone who has experience working on diverse, digital-first content across genres, customizing content for various platforms, such as Instagram and YouTube, and is able to adapt content to meet different goals from awareness to action. They are someone who has experience with MAC and the entire Adobe Creative Suite, with a demonstrated familiarity of industry standards and all aspects of crafting story, images and sound to achieve the desired messaging, branding and emotional impact.
The Video Editor is…
- An expert digital content creator with extensive experience creating content for Instagram, YouTube, TikTok, and paid ads.
- Able to create advanced motion graphics.
- Skilled at color grading, music editing, sound design SFX, and audio balancing.
- An expert problem solver with strong skills in time management and a high level of adaptability to help Only One Collective hit its ambitious content production goals.
- A thoughtful collaborator who is committed to bringing their whole self and personality to work and willing to embrace a start-up culture.
- Creative and digital-first, passionate about the digital landscape and online media platforms, and has an eye for new or upcoming trends.
This is a full-time remote position (preferred time zones are EST, CT, MT, and PST).
$60,000 – $75,000
The salary range referenced is based on US resident applicants only.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Stipends for personal learning developments as well as home office set-up
- Competitive salary + benefits
- 3+ weeks guaranteed PTO
Only One is committed to building a workforce composed of individuals with diverse backgrounds, abilities, and identities. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status age, or any other characteristic protected by law.