Full-Time Video Editor
Title: Video Editor 2, After Hours
Location: US National
Video Editor 2 – After Hours, Remote Services
Full-Time, Remote / Hourly, Non-Exempt / Includes Benefits, PTO, Equity
Steno is growing! We’re looking for a full-time video editor to join our winning team!
In this role, you’ll support post-production of deposition videography in an after hours capacity, ensuring our clients receive the best quality product at lightning speed, and covering a shift from 1 p.m. to 10 p.m. Pacific Standard Time (PST) from Friday through Tuesday, every week (including Saturdays and Sundays).
You’ll be a key player on a small team of video editors, operating with the highest level of confidentiality, discretion, and attention to detail.
We’re open to great people from all walks of life, but we’re aiming to find a video editor to work this alternative, after-hours shift to support our growing business!
Who are you?
If editing video makes your heart sing and you feel empowered working independently (for a large part of your day), then this role could be a great fit.
Every day, you’ll be given raw material to edit and assemble in a variety of styles based on our client’s needs. This material might include camera footage, dialogue, sound effects, and graphics. While this role isn’t inherently creative, you’ll shine if you’re excited to create perfectly formatted content and put the finishing touch on every edit you turn in.
You’ll be given the freedom to work however you work best, but you should feel extremely comfortable operating independently and driving your own results.
On a regular basis you will:
- Edit raw source material recorded during live depositions into formatted content we deliver to our clients, handling all technical aspects of the process.
- Work collaboratively with a team of editors and video specialists throughout post-production to translate client requests into finished products.
- Handle production and editing of litigation content, educational videos, and marketing materials for cross-functional teams and internal/external stakeholders (here at Steno, we welcome a healthy sense of humor and try to incorporate our specific Steno brand of hilarity into much of the content we create).
- Attend large and small team meetings to check in, provide status updates, and strategize about upcoming jobs.
- Follow Steno’s brand guidelines when editing content.
- Meet deadlines like you live and breathe to do just that, so we can ensure our clients get everything they need on or before time.
You’re gonna crush it if:
- You have at least one year of experience editing raw material into formatted content.
- You’re highly organized with excellent attention to detail, critical thinking skills, and good time management.
- You are a master of all things PC. We love computers of all kinds, but our editing software works best on PC, so we’d prefer you feel most comfortable operating in that environment!
- You are highly skilled with DaVinci Resolve. Experience with Adobe Audition and Creative Suite are a huge plus.
- You have knowledge in video codecs and experience working in various video formats.
- You come with excellent written and verbal communication skills (we’re big talkers here at Steno).
- You’re capable of working independently in a fast-paced environment and learn new skills quickly.
- You’re enthusiastic about the opportunity for growth within the company and working for a start-up
- Wearing multiple hats and working efficiently in a fast-paced environment seems like a great next step for your career.
- You have legal industry experience and/or start-up experience–we love to see it!
Compensation & Benefits
- Salary – $26 – 28/hour
- Health, Vision, & Dental Benefits – generous company-sponsored health plans for both employees and dependents, including comprehensive vision & dental
- Wellness/Mental Health – shared benefits to be used among employees and families
- Flexible Paid Time Off – allowing employees to find balance in their lives
- Options of Equity – we know our success is nothing without our team
- Access to a 401k through Guideline
- A home office setup and a monthly stipend to offset internet and phone costs