Full-Time Video Editor
Montréal, Quebec, Canada, Remote, San Francisco, California, United States
Descript is looking for a full-time video editor. You’ll edit video for our blog, YouTube channel, Help Center, website, social channels, and whatever other video we need. Most of it will be aimed at helping podcasters, video creators, business folks, and others hone their craft and create content with Descript.
You’ll be editing a lot in this role, but you’ll also be a critical creative partner to our Video Producer, Content Marketing Director, and others on the content and marketing teams. We’ll look to you for contributions on concept ideation, video strategy, visual style, and every aspect of video content You’ll need to bring fresh, surprising, compelling ideas to our content every day.
You don’t have to know Descript super-well to start, but you will have to learn and master the app.
- 4-5 years of experience as a video editor
- Demonstrable ability to work fast, without sacrificing quality
- Demonstrable experience creating motion graphics
- Creative drive and desire to collaborate on content that’s distinctive, smart, and never boring
- Eagerness to learn and grow creatively, both by taking feedback and by pushing yourself to get better
- Videography skills and knowledge
- Experience planning and managing video shoots
- Freelance network
- Edit video — for Descript’s Help Center, YouTube channel, website, social channels, and so on
- Master editing and production in Descript
- Be a creative partner and close collaborator with Video Producer and content team to conjure new ideas for video, marketing & help content, and promotional efforts
How to apply
- Include a link to your portfolio or equivalent so that we can review your work.
Descript is building a simple, intuitive, fully-powered editing tool for video and audio — an editing tool built for the age of AI. We are a team of 100 — with a proven CEO and the backing of some of the world’s greatest investors (OpenAI, Andreessen Horowitz, Redpoint Ventures, Spark Capital). Descript HQ is in San Francisco, and our AI research team, Lyrebird, is based in Montreal.
Descript is the special company that’s in possession of both product market fit and the raw materials (passionate user community, great product, large market) for growth, but is still early enough that each new employee has a measurable influence on the direction of the company.
Benefits include a generous healthcare package, catered lunches, and flexible vacation time. We currently have offices in San Francisco and Montreal, and are open to folks working remotely between PT and ET time zones. Whether you love WFH or can’t wait to get back to being in person, we’re interested in offering an environment that works for you.
Descript is an equal opportunity workplace—we are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. We believe in actively building a team rich in diverse backgrounds, experiences, and opinions to better allow our employees, products, and community to thrive.