Full-Time Vice President of Global Recruitment
Vice President of Global Recruitment
Reports to: Chief People Officer
Location: Remote – United States
The Trevor Project is the world’s largest suicide prevention and crisis intervention organization for LGBTQ young people. We are a non-profit that provides 24/7 life-saving support via phone, text, and chat. We also operate the world’s largest safe space social networking site for LGBTQ youth and run innovative research, education, and advocacy programs. We’ve been saving lives every day for over 20 years.
Overview of the role
People are at the core of what we do. As The Trevor Project expands to pursue our mission to end LGBTQ youth suicide, we are growing our Recruitment team to ensure that as we expand our reach, we are positioned to attract and hire the right talent to support our mission. The Vice President of Global Recruitment will oversee and provide strategic guidance to the team’s approach to talent acquisition and onboarding across the organization. Reporting to the Chief People Officer, the Vice President of Global Recruitment will coach and collaborate with direct reports and strategically partner with leaders across the organization to support evolving hiring needs and priorities. As a mission-driven professional experienced in overseeing recruitment teams in rapidly scaling organizations, the Vice President of Global Recruitment will ensure that we have compliant, creative, and scalable hiring strategies with an eye to diversity and inclusivity as we work to save LGBTQ young lives.
Who you are
- Experienced people leader. You bring experience across Recruitment and Recruitment Operations including vendor management, sourcing, efficient process creation and mapping, candidate experience, compliance, staff training & development, leadership, DEI, onboarding, and labor laws/legal compliance. This will include significant people management experience.
- Big-picture thinker. You are someone who works with the end user in mind. You’re someone who thinks strategically, but who keeps an eye on impact for all involved. You love to brainstorm and come up with big bold ideas, but can simplify implementation. You look at the way things are and then imagine 20 ways they can be improved.
- Expert in scaling. You have a track record of successfully leading and scaling Recruiting teams as well as building an organization’s capacity at all levels to actively participate in sourcing talent. You love working at a strategic level, but are also happy to roll up your sleeves in addressing tactical and operational matters when needed, especially during periods of growth or developing staff.
- Perpetual learner. You are energized by learning about new topics and can quickly get up to speed and disseminate information to others in a logical and digestible manner.
- Driven by data. You are an analytical and metrics-driven leader who is comfortable leveraging data to inform programmatic decisions and assess effectiveness.
- Culturally competent. You understand the nuances of diversity, equity, and inclusion work, and have leveraged these nuances to develop inclusive programs or policies in past roles. You are willing to learn more about marginalized identities and bring your awareness to all the work you do.
- Collaborative. You understand that the best way to meet and exceed goals is through outstanding teamwork. This includes working with people at all levels of the organization and managing stakeholder expectations.
- Flexible. You are comfortable operating in a work environment with rapid change. You are accustomed to pivoting when organizational needs or priorities change, and you can take on unanticipated new initiatives with ease. You’re skilled in leading amid uncertainty and without perfect information, and you maintain composure and remain positive under pressure.
- Passionate. You care about LGBTQ youth. You care about saving lives. You want to come to work and feel inspired every day. You want to change the world.
- Fun. The work we do is very serious, but that doesn’t mean we don’t have fun. We know how to have a good time and you should too.
What you’ll do
- Design and execute talent acquisition strategies that enhance the organization’s global and local visibility and reputation as a best in class employer
- Analyze recruitment trends to stimulate future recruitment activity and improve compliance of candidates
- Champion rapid expansion into new talent markets, ensuring that we have the right talent, systems, processes, and partnerships to execute our mission
- Develop ways to encourage the formation of diverse teams across the organization
- Document and solidify our recruiting approach and process
- Implement Applicant Tracking System, as well as any other HR systems relevant to our people operations
- Create and manage a network of vendors to facilitate temporary staffing, recruitment advertising, and compliance, with an eye toward cost savings and increased efficiency
- Ensure close partnerships with leaders and hiring managers to gain a thorough understanding of current and future needs
- Partner with leaders to identify talent forecasting, trends, and placement strategies
- Develop and execute talent acquisition programs and processes that support The Trevor Project’s mission and pace
- Build a pipeline and develop a culture that increases candidate flow and hiring manager involvement in the recruiting process
- Improve sources, processes, and KPIs related to key positions
- Exhibit and coach innovative sourcing strategies and procedures, and ensure there is consistency with established processes amongst all recruiting functions
- Implement new sourcing methods and evaluate existing methods
- In partnership with the Legal team, ensure that Recruitment Operations operates in compliance with all national, state, and local laws, policies, and best practices
- Champion and serve as a culture carrier for The Trevor Project’s values and commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
- In collaboration with the Chief People Officer, serve as a strategic partner and advisor in matters related to our employees and culture, our growth strategy and exploration of international and/or language expansion, and other evolving needs of our organization
- Other tasks, duties, or special projects as assigned
- Generous vacation and holidays (like a full day off to celebrate Harvey Milk Day!), including three half-day Fridays during the summer
- Comprehensive health insurance, including coverage for various gender affirmation surgeries (and we pay 100% of your premiums for medical, dental, and life)
- Flexibility to work from anywhere in the U.S. (we provide the technology, a monthly internet reimbursement and a reimbursement to outfit your work-from-home space!)
- Fun virtual office environment and passionate team
- Online Subscription to Headspace, a digital meditation platform
- Meaningful work at an organization that is saving the lives of LGBTQ young people across America every day
The Trevor Project is an equal opportunity employer