Mason is the only fully managed infrastructure for developing and delivering dedicated devices. We make it easy for anyone to turn an idea into a smart product and ship it to anywhere in the world. Our mission is to enable our customers to create smart and sustainable products on behalf of humanity.
We’re looking for the right person to join our close-knit team and help take our foundational product and business to the next level. Mason’s core product is mobile infrastructure as a service (“mobile IaaS”) — think elastic, customizable hardware + software + services. Mason is used across industries and use cases today, from digitizing clinical trials, to improving warehouse efficiency, streamlining retail payments, and more.
Fast Forward One Year
The UX writing framework that you created has improved every Mason member’s experience from first-time introduction to system-wide power-user. You helped to make processes easy to understand and Mason products a breeze to use. Your contributions to the entire design process, from design strategy to execution, have helped the team to create thoughtful products and services that are loved by millions of Mason users across many device types.
You developed a UX writing framework across desktop and mobile OS that has created consistent nomenclature and taxonomy across all user touchpoints. This has been paramount to the success of creating a consistent user and customer experience. Your attention to detail and thoughtfulness to set up and use the UX writing system correctly has made it possible to successfully scale our platforms, break down complexities, and get developers, operations, engineers, and consumers on the same page.
Your expertise in UX/tech writing and focus on user research have helped the team to keep the user front and center while identifying the most impactful user journeys across the Mason ecosystem and designing solutions that delight our users. You took on the voice of the user to advocate for their needs, develop support content, and guide design decisions to ensure that the platform language is easy to understand and that users feel confident in their workflows and platform interactions. The entire team has appreciated your focus on the end-user.
The redesign of the Mason platform that you helped to lead has made using Mason products a breeze. Your work on technical documentation and the new member welcome process was a masterpiece of thoughtful interactions and gave our developer engagement teams tools to make every new Mason client feel at home from day-1. You streamlined tone/voice/language for deployments and OS configurations, taking a ton of frustration out of the process for our users. Your support in the redesign of our online services, such as monitoring device fleets, made day-to-day rituals a dream for our users. Everything is so much smoother now.
This wasn’t an accident. It was your efficient and effective experience for design thinking that informed what you and the team needed to do. You test user flow microcopy, information architectures, developed user workflows, product manuals, how-to guides, support sections, journal articles, and other content that distilled technical information with ease and clarity. You created working prototypes with the design team that proved valuable for research and user testing. All the while, you were conscious of the evolving Mason brand guidelines for tone and voice.
Your collaborative approach to working closely with cross-functional teams, such as hardware, engineering, and product, has made the past year a great experience for everyone and helped us to function better as a group.
Overall, your impact on the Mason product, its onboarding journey, and users’ everyday product interactions, was seen in measurable ways. You demonstrated amazing writing skills, wordsmithing, and testing flow copy to find the right solutions. Awesome! We want to thank you for being an amazing UX writer at Mason. As one of the first few team members of Mason Product Design, we thank you for your dedication and hard work. We look forward to the next four years building the future of connected mobile products together!
Now Back To Today
We’re ready to make a critically important hire — a star user experience writer — who will lead UX writing to inform massive change in the way Mason works and the products that we offer. You will work with Product Designers, UX Researchers, Engineering, Hardware and Industrial Design, Software Development, Operations, and other design team members across relevant Mason departments.
If you are an experienced user experience and technical writer with strong skills and meaningful mileage informative to IA, writing frameworks, prototyping, usability testing, and design thinking methodologies, and would love to be part of a new approach to hardware, software, and service design, you should apply. If you have significant experience in data-informed, membership-based companies, organizations, products, or services, we’ll love you even more. You will join us as either a fully remote employee (or) in our Seattle, WA headquarters and we’ll provide the resources you need to bring out the best in your talents and skills.
What You Bring To The Table
- 4+ years of meaningful experience in UX writing
- Must have a solid background in shipping digital products
- Experience working from and evolving user research
- Experience in UX and technical writing for complex SaaS products
- Understanding in utilizing and evolving writing frameworks
- Strong verbal and written communication, organizational, and time management skills
- Track record of strong partnerships with research, engineering, design, and product teams
- Proven customer-focused approach to UX writing, balancing business needs, customer needs with engineering and design initiatives
- Demonstrated success in resolving conflicts
Bonus Points For
- Experience working with hardware or physical devices
- Experience building platform services for enterprise use
- Experience with logistics and fulfillment services
- Experience building developer platforms
- Remote-friendly: Employees may choose to work fully remote, in-office, or hybrid.
- Healthcare: Comprehensive medical, vision, and dental insurance for employees and their dependents (Employees are responsible for only 1% of premiums for dental and vision)
- Fitness & Wellness: Quarterly reimbursement for qualified fitness and wellness expenses.
- Food: Catered lunch or delivery gift cards to keep you nourished while working.
- Generous PTO & Sick Leave: We want you to take care of yourself with a flexible PTO plan or generous accrued PTO and added monthly mental health days during the pandemic.
- Parental Leave: Caring for a new child is an exciting time for parents! We offer 16 weeks of paid parental leave.
- Full benefits are offered to full-time employees. Part-time employees participate on a limited basis.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion at Mason: Belonging, psychological safety, and inclusivity unlock a Mason’s full potential. We don’t want Masons to quietly assimilate into a dominant culture and sacrifice a piece of themselves. We want our team members to be seen, validated, and welcomed.
Mason America, Inc. (the “Company”) is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on the Company. Please inform the Company’s personnel representative if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.