We are the world’s leading global information services company. During life’s big moments – from buying a home or a car, to sending a child to college, to growing a business by connecting with new customers – we empower consumers and our clients to manage their data with confidence. We help individuals to take financial control and access financial services, businesses to make smarter decisions and thrive, lenders to lend more responsibly, and organisations to prevent identity fraud and crime.
We have 20,000 people operating across 44 countries and every day we’re investing in new technologies, talented people, and innovation to help all our clients maximise every opportunity. We are listed on the London Stock Exchange (EXPN) and are a constituent of the FTSE 100 Index.
Our approach to flexible working
We care about work that works, whether that’s about where you work or adjusting your hours to fit better with your life. Our flexible working practices, including our hybrid working model where you can split your working time between the office and your home, support our belief that this balance brings long-lasting benefits for our business as well as ensuring that our people can balance successful careers with their commitments and interests outside of work. So that you can love where you work, please discuss what works for you with your recruiter during the hiring process.
Accepting you, for you
We want you to feel accepted for who you are and to feel safe, valued and to help us build a culture of true belonging. Experian is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we take affirmative action to create a more inclusive and equitable world of work. We are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of age, disability, gender identity, marital status, race, ethnicity, faith or belief, sexual orientation, socioeconomic background, Veteran status or whether you’re pregnant or on family leave.
We’re looking for a UX writer with experience translating user behaviour into great content strategy and copy. We’re looking for someone who loves finding creative ways to solve design challenges and improve the customer experience – with words.
Nowhere does the importance of strong, clear, consistent messaging matter more than when we’re faced with difficult financial decisions. We need someone who can help us bring creativity and clarity to every touchpoint – whether delighting with flourishes of micro-copy or breathing life into error messaging and legal disclaimers.
If you want to help people become more confident about their finances, then you have the opportunity to shape the next generation of consumer financial services that can make this happen.
You will help to define and implement content strategy, shape and guide tone of voice on new and live products, research and test copy and contribute to a positive UX writing culture.
Most of your work will be remote but you may need to occasionally visit either our London or Nottingham office.
What you will do
- Work closely with product teams to gain a deep understanding of the product or feature, especially customer pain and confusion points.
- Plan, write, edit, test and improve content like user interface microcopy, landing pages, error messages and user notifications.
- Use empathy, logic and data to inform content choices.
- Ensure that the copy meets legal, compliance and business requirements, while still being fresh and compelling.
- Collaborate with product managers and product designers to deliver compelling UX copy.
- Make use of available analytical reports to identify opportunities to improve the experience.
- Conduct concept and usability testing to validate ideas and iterate on content accordingly.
- Help colleagues to become better writers.
- Experience as a UX Writer delivering amazing digital products.
- Experience writing content for financial applications.
- Confidence in communicating, defending, and building consensus around content decisions.
- A naturally curious mindset, and a positive and imaginative approach to problem solving.
- A well-trained eye for excellent writing, consistency and detail.
- Experience using data analysis and user research to drive content decisions.
- Solid understanding of user-centred design methods across the full design lifecycle
- Comfortable using design tools such as Figma/ Sketch.
- Experience working with lean principles in an Agile environment.
- A drive to keep up with the emerging digital trends and culture, and engaging with the wider digital creative community.
Why choose us?
Our colleagues’ health and wellbeing is a top priority for us, that’s why our reward, benefits and wellbeing programmes are designed so you can come to work feeling your very best self.
Our benefits focus on health, money and lifestyle so you can tailor your benefits to your own personal needs. Whether it’s your physical and mental wellness, getting to work or planning for the future, we have a range of flexible options to have you covered!
At Experian we are committed to building an inclusive culture and to creating an environment where people can balance successful careers with their commitments and interests outside of work.
We care about work that works, whether that’s about where you work or adjusting your hours to fit better with your life. Our flexible working practices, including our hybrid working model where employees can split their working time between the office and their home, support our belief that this balance brings long-lasting benefits for our business as well as our people. So that you can love where you work please discuss what works for you with your recruiter during the hiring process.
Experian Careers – Creating a better tomorrow together
Find out what its like to work for Experian by clicking here