Founded in 2005 as the first peer-to-peer marketplace lending platform in the U.S., Prosper was built on a simple idea: connect people who want to borrow money with those who want to invest. Since inception, Prosper has helped more than a million people gain access to affordable credit with over $20 billion in loans originated through its platform. Our mission is to help our customers advance their financial well-being through a variety of products including personal loans, home equity lines of credit (HELOC) and credit card. Our diverse culture rewards accountability and cross functional teamwork because we believe this encourages innovative thinking and helps us deliver on our mission.
We’re on a mission to hire the very best, and we are committed to creating exceptional employee experiences where everyone is respected and has access to equal opportunity. We realize that new ideas can come from everywhere. It is important to us that every hire connects with our vision, mission, and core values. Join a leading fintech company that’s democratizing finance for all!
- Diversity expands opportunities
- Collaboration creates better solutions
- Curiosity fuels our innovation
- Integrity defines all our relationships
- Excellence leads to longevity
- Simplicity guides our user experience
- Accountability at all levels drives results
COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
Prosper is continuing to grow our team during the COVID-19 pandemic, conducting fully remote hiring and onboarding processes. Our philosophy as a business is to approach the COVID-19 situation with empathy and urgency. Prosper’s top priority is the health and safety of our employees and of the communities we serve, including our customers, partners, prospects, and candidates. In accordance with this priority, along with our legal responsibility to provide and maintain a workplace that is safe and free of known hazards, we have adopted a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy which requires all of our employees to receive vaccinations, unless they have an approved accommodation.
We are continuing our aggressive growth within the design team and are looking for a UX Writer to support our growing portfolio of products – including a completely new product to be launched in the next year.
Prosper builds personalized and simple financial solutions for our customers. We believe in tapping into our engaged user base through rigorous qualitative and quantitative research to uncover their unmet needs and improve their financial lives.
As a UX Writer and member of the design team, you are more than a copywriter: you apply UX design principles to tackle complex financial problems and meet them with simple, elegant written solutions. You’ll apply our voice, tone, copy style, and accessibility guidelines to design with words across various products and parts of our user journey.
You’ll work collaboratively with various types of stakeholders, with a particular focus working directly with our UX designers, researchers and product managers—as well as marketing, customer experience, legal, credit risk, and capital markets.
Problems You Will Solve
- Write clear, concise, and conversational copy for financial product experiences.
- Work closely with other UX designers, writers, and researchers to understand our users’ pain points and behaviors, then shape user flows and UI for our experiences.
- Collaborate closely with Product, Design, Marketing, Customer Experience, Legal, and Credit Risk to identify pain points, build solutions, and establish an engaging product experience.
- Collaborate with other writers, designers, and researchers to contribute to our internal design system, content strategy, best practices, and documentation.
- Work with stakeholders and reviewers to evolve the brand voice and keep it consistent.
- Work with our content strategy team to support everything from product flows to email to fully integrated campaigns.
All About You
- You have at least 1 year of experience writing UX copy for digital products, websites, and/or applications.
- You are a champion of design-centered approaches grounded in research and analysis.
- You can adjust our brand voice and tone based on medium and audience.
- You’re collaborative. You have experience (and love) partnering with others.
- You’re a fast learner and can hit the ground running.
- You’re interested in the actual business. You work to understand the strategies and goals of the Product and collaborate to achieve them through smart communications.
- You take initiative, keep organized, are comfortable working autonomously, and can handle multiple projects at once.
- You’re enthusiastic about your work and about joining a close-knit team.
- You have excellent writing and editing skills.
- You can demonstrate your skills through samples or a portfolio of previous work
Nice To Have
- Passion for UX, human centered, and content design, and a desire to evangelize their potential for positive solutions
- A curiosity about the world around you, near and far
- Knowledge of financial services or personal finance a plus.
- Prior studies and/or work experience with an English/Advertising/Journalism focus.
- Experience with Figma or similar design tools (e.g., Adobe XD, Sketch, Invision, etc)
- Familiarity with agile development processes
- Experience applying human centered design principles to UX copy
What We Offer
- The opportunity to collaborate with a team of creative, fun, and driven colleagues on products that have an immediate and significant impact on people’s lives
- The opportunity to work in a fast-paced environment with experienced industry leaders
- Flexible time off, comprehensive health coverage, competitive salary, 401(k) employer match, paid parental leave
- Wellness benefits including access to mental health resources, virtual HIIT and yoga workouts
- A bevy of other perks including Udemy access, childcare assistance, pet insurance discounts, legal assistance, and additional discounts through Perkspot
- The ability to work remotely in the United States