United States, Remote
Our UI/UX team at Insomniac Games is growing! We’re looking for a talented UI/UX Artist interested in helping us make industry-inspiring player experiences that are approachable, accessible, and immersive for everyone. If you are someone with a track record of working collaboratively and cross-functionally to develop innovative player experiences and want to play a major role in delivering world-class games for players of all abilities, please read on!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Own impactful user-facing features and systems that help players of all abilities navigate, locate information, and accomplish their goals.
- Work iteratively through all phases of the game development cycle from prototype to polish.
- Collaborate with artists, designers, and developers to implement and deploy accessible user experiences that support the art, design, and technical vision for our games.
- Deliver wireframes, mockups, motion comps, iconography, prototypes, and in-game implementation of assets that is usable, accessible, adheres to standards and meets or exceeds requirements.
- Contribute proactively to our studio’s standards of excellence for UI art.
- Provide accurate estimates for assigned tasks and regularly updates team on task status, contributing to efforts to ensure team’s work remains is in scope.
- Proactively share, receive, incorporate, and act on feedback.
- Continuously expand knowledge of technological developments in the game industry through research and training.
- Advocate relentlessly for our players and the end-to-end user experience.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Education and/or Experience:
- Four to ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Thorough understanding of digital interaction design fundamentals and patterns.
- Extensive knowledge of the Adobe suite (Photoshop, Animate, AfterEffects, and Illustrator) and other related content creation packages (Maya).
- Ability to adhere to the style guides and development best practices, including source control standards.
- Shipped multiplayer game development experience strongly preferred.
- 3D and/or Coherent experience also a major bonus.
- Solid instincts for game design and innovative user experiences.
- Passion for game accessibility and player advocacy.
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to work in and contribute to a collaborative environment.
- Ability to present ideas and research in a way that makes it actionable and easily understandable for all audiences.
- Flexibility in the face of schedule changes and shifting timetables.
- Ability to work independently and efficiently.