Title: UI Designer
Location: US National
Work From Your Home on a Remote-First Team at a Hybrid Remote Company
Are you a designer who gets excited by the idea of working on apps for hundreds of thousands of users? Do you obsess over making apps beautiful and easy to use?
If so, we’d like you to learn about Files!
We’ve built a cloud storage and automation service that businesses use to keep their files and workflows secure and smooth. And to us, the UI is absolutely key to its success.
Our apps and marketing websites are driven by a modern frontend React and Gatsby-based stack.
In this position, you will build new designs and improve existing flows, working directly in React and also in Figma and other mockup tools.
World Class Pay and Benefits
- Earn a “Bay Area” Salary from Anywhere. Our pay is competitive with the top software companies in the world, with a generous base salary plus equity compensation.
- Big Company Benefits: You’ll get full Health/Dental/Vision Insurance coverage (plus 75% of Spouse/Family coverage too), 401(k) with generous matching, 11 Company Holidays per year, and 20 PTO/Vacation days.
- Brand New Laptop and $1,000: Upon signing, we’ll send you a brand new Apple laptop as well as $1,000 to outfit the rest of your home office with things like a monitor, webcam, keyboard, and mouse.
- Tight-Knit Fun-Loving Team: You will be joining a fun-loving team that works together very closely, despite the remote work environment.
- 100% Remote Opportunity
The Files Frontend Engineering team is 100% remote. However, we travel for regular in-person meetings with the team and the entire company to meet and work together face to face. These meetings are in cities around the US, including Scottsdale, Austin, Orlando, New Orleans, San Diego, Las Vegas, and New York City.
In-person events combine work and fun and are designed to make up for the in-person interaction that occurs in an office job.
We are very excited that COVID-19 restrictions have been lifted and we have fully resumed company travel.
In this role, you will be:
- Evaluating feature requests and working cross-team to determine value and prioritization
- Creating user flows and UI optimizations in prototyping software like Figma
- Reviewing engineer-created git branches for design and accessibility standards
- Resolving design-related issues in the app and marketing site by writing JSX and advanced CSS directly in a branch
- Documenting component-level UI in our Storybook.js-powered component library
- Auditing the frontend web app to ensure quality and consistency, and opening issues where appropriate
- Working with other teams to optimize workflows and tools
Ready To Up-Level Your Career?
We would like you to write a cover letter telling us why this opportunity speaks to you. Please specifically cover the following things in your letter:
- What is the largest application you have personally worked on where your design has made it to production? How many users interacted with it?
- What is the largest marketing, brochure, or static site you have personally built, and how many visitors have interacted with it?