Full-Time Travel Coordinator
Job ID: 53974
Location: All International
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Office Location: Arlington, Virginia, USA
This fully remote position is open to all locations within the Western Hemisphere where TNC is registered to work. These countries will include the following:
- Argentina, Belize, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Guatemala, Mexico, Peru, the United States, and Canada (Alberta, Ontario, and Northwest Territories only).
Who We Are
The mission of The Nature Conservancy (TNC) is to conserve the lands and waters upon which all life depends. As a science-based organization, we develop innovative, on-the-ground solutions to the world’s toughest environmental challenges so that people and nature can thrive. Our work is guided by our values, which include a commitment to diversity and respect for people, communities, and cultures. From a rewarding mission to career development and flexible schedules, there are many reasons to love life #insideTNC. Want to know more? Check out our TNC Talent playlist on YouTube to hear stories from staff or visit Glassdoor.
One of TNC’s primary goals is to cultivate an inclusive work environment so that employees around the globe have a sense of belonging and feel that their unique contributions are valued. We know we’ll only achieve our mission by hiring and engaging a diverse staff that reflects the communities in which we work. Recognizing that people bring talent and skills that have been developed outside the scope of a job, we take a holistic approach to recruitment that considers life experience in addition to the professional requirements listed in our postings. Please apply we’d love to hear from you. To quote a popular saying at TNC, you’ll join for the mission, and you’ll stay for the people.
What We Can Achieve Together
The Travel Coordinator will work as part of the travel team coordinating tasks related to one or more functional activities, such as travel related support, procurement, and assisting our Business Units (BUs) with using approved platforms and services for meetings & special events management. They will report to the Global Travel Manager and will work with multiple teams, such as Sustainability, Safety and Finance.
The Travel Coordinator will work towards meeting the strategic priorities of the travel program by implementing tactics for approved plans and completing day-to-day tasks and activities. They may be responsible for travel planning and coordination support, policy compliance, vendor management, reporting & analysis and, communications. They will respond to inquiries about TNC’s travel program activities & procedures, create program materials, and draft correspondence. They will be well versed in the systems and resources utilized by the team to execute assigned tasks. They will maintain, track and research data, produce and review reports, and perform program analysis. The coordinator will support and provide targeted training related to the functional area of the Global Travel Program. They will implement approved processes and practices to improve effectiveness. They will communicate or distribute information of our travel program to assist staff in making decisions, solving problems, and improving workflow.
Responsibilities & Scope
- Work within scope of program’s strategic goals.
- Act independently on assigned tasks and exercise independent judgment based on analysis and experience, referring difficult questions and unusual problems to supervisor.
- Coordinate projects with several variables, working within a defined timeline and budget.
- Demonstrate sensitivity in handling confidential information.
- Perform non-routine analysis, research, and follow-through.
- Ensure compliance with Conservancy policies and procedures, and external requirements.
- Financial responsibility includes purchasing, processing invoices, contracting with vendors, and assisting with budget preparation.
- May function as a resource to others to solve problems and act in supervisor’s stead when instructed.
- Provide input through project teams for the improvement of existing programs.
- Travel and work flexible hours as needed.
- or physical exertion and/or strain; and
- Work is diversified and may not always fall under established practices and guidelines.
- May train administrative or volunteer staff on TNC’s global travel program.
We’re Looking for You
Are you looking for work you can believe in? At TNC we strive to embody a philosophy of Work that You Can Believe in where you can feel like you are making a difference every day. We’re looking for someone with strong experience in leading a diverse, multi-disciplinary team.
The ideal candidate should have exceptional communication and collaboration skills and experience with global travel experience, designing, organizing, and coordinating complex projects. This is an exciting opportunity to contribute to the ongoing mission of conservation by directing and shaping the work of our team!
The ideal candidate will have all or some of these qualifications. If you don’t have all of them, please apply anyway and tell us about your skills and experience:
- Multi-lingual skills and multi-cultural or cross-cultural experiences are appreciated.
- Ability to analyze information for the purpose of coordinating and planning activities and solving problems.
- Ability to use existing technology to achieve desired results.
- Excellent customer service skills and focus.
- Experience interpreting guidelines to achieve desired results.
- Knowledge of current trends in specific field; and/or
- Strong organization skills, accuracy, and attention to detail.
- Relevant certification in travel management or a related field.
- Experience in a non-profit organization or a similar environment.
What You’ll Bring
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, hospitality management, tourism management, or similar, and 2 years related experience or equivalent combination.
- Experience coordinating travel administrative processes.
- Experience generating reports and interpreting data.
- Experience in business writing, editing, and proofreading.
- Experience organizing time and managing diverse activities to meet deadlines; and
- Experience working across teams and communicating with a wide range of people.
What We Bring
Since 1951, TNC has been doing work you can believe in. Through grassroots action, we have grown from a small non-profit into one of the most effective and wide-reaching environmental organizations in the world. Thanks to more than 1 million members, over 400 scientists, and the dedicated efforts of our diverse staff and partners, we impact conservation around the world!
TNC offers competitive and comprehensive benefits packages tailored to the individual countries where we work. These may include health care benefits, retirement benefits, parental leave, paid time off, life insurance, and disability coverage as well as an employee assistance program and other life and well-being benefits.
We’re proud to offer a flexible work environment that supports the health and well-being of the people we employ.
Expected salary ranges will be provided to candidates upon initial screening outreach. Salary ranges are based on geographic location of the city, state, and country that the candidate will work from, commensurate with experience.
The Nature Conservancy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our commitment to diversity includes the recognition that our conservation mission is best advanced by the leadership and contributions of people of diverse backgrounds, beliefs and culture. Recruiting and mentoring staff to create an inclusive organization that reflects our global character is a priority and we encourage applicants from all cultures, races, colors, religions, sexes, national or regional origins, ages, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, military, protected veteran status or other status protected by law.
TNC is committed to offering accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application process.
An attractive salary and benefits package is part of TNC’s value proposition to our employees. TNC strives to provide competitive pay and bases salaries on the geographic location of the role committing to being equitable across groups and providing hiring salary ranges when possible.
Since we support flexible and remote work for our employees, many positions have a flexible location within countries where we’re registered as a Non-government Organization and established as an employer. This may mean we’re unable to provide a hiring salary range in the posting for some of our positions. However, candidates invited to be part of our interview process will be provided their location specific range upon request.
28 total views, 1 today