Training Specialist required at Hims and Hers which offers a modern approach to health and wellness. Our mission is to eliminate stigmas and make it easier for people to access care and treatment for the conditions that impact their daily lives. That starts with creating an open and honest culture of care that is accessible for everyone, no matter who you are or where you live. Since launching in November 2017, we’ve raised over $200MM in funding and are one of the fastest growing direct-to-consumer brands in history.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare training materials and classroom activities in advance of a class
- Facilitate training classes designed to impart the technical skills, organizational competencies, cultural awareness, and soft skills necessary for success
- Respond to the needs of the audience and the business as those needs arise
- Engage creatively with learners through discussion, role-play, games, scenarios, hot-seat activities, practice, and other innovative efforts
- Deploy a variety of tools such as PowerPoint, eLearning, and Knowledgebase to create realistic opportunities for learners to practice
- Demonstrate excellent time management in the classroom by arriving on time, adhering to the scheduled agenda, and keeping unplanned absences to a minimum
- Assist Instructional Designers in course development/updates as necessary
- Identify potential areas of improvement in CX’s training efforts and communicate with the team to ensure that improvements are implemented in the curriculum and in the classroom
- Ability to Read the Audience’ and adjust as necessary
- Report on strengths and areas for opportunity for each participant
Essential Skills & Abilities:
- Understanding of Adult Learning Theories
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Excellent public speaking, displays an excellent ability to engage comfortably and energetically with an audience using a variety of methods
- Ability to facilitate discussions, role-plays and activities to enhance learner ability
- Impressive presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrates an ability to quickly understand and deliver previously unfamiliar material
- Responds creatively to the needs of individual learners – Learning Styles
- Exercises excellent classroom control
- Communicates effectively in written and digital formats to build engagement and interest
Education and/or Experience
- 1-5 years’ consecutive experience of education/experience in Training or Adult Learning required.
- Holds a Training Certification required
- 1 year experience in Remote training required.
- Experience at least one learning management system
- Strong verbal and written communication and human relations skills
- Dependable, responsible, and can work independently with little or no management intervention
- Self-starter mindset who also thrives when collaborating with working teams
- Strong planning, organizational and time management skills and manage/adapt to changing priorities easily
We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you’re excited about this role, but do not meet 100% of the qualifications listed above, we encourage you to apply.
Hims is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law. Hims considers all qualified applicants in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance