At ServiceNow, our technology makes the world work for everyone, and our people make it possible. We move fast because the world can’t wait, and we innovate in ways no one else can for our customers and communities. By joining ServiceNow, you are part of an ambitious team of change makers who have a restless curiosity and a drive for ingenuity. We know that your best work happens when you live your best life and share your unique talents, so we do everything we can to make that possible. We dream big together, supporting each other to make our individual and collective dreams come true. The future is ours, and it starts with you.
With more than 7,400+ customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we’re on the 2021 list of FORTUNE World’s Most Admired Companies®.
Team & Role:
At ServiceNow, we embrace representation in and from all professional and personal backgrounds and cultures. This diversity inspires passion and creativity among our teams and propels innovation in our products.
This role is part of our Product Content organization, a global team that creates the written and multimedia technical content that helps our customers understand and unlock the power of our products to achieve their business and digital transformation goals. We work closely with our product development, design, user research, and engineering partners to deliver just the right information, in just the right way, to support our customers, creating an exceptional product and customer experience.
Learn more about our team here https://www.linkedin.com/company/servicenow/life/userexperience
What You Get To Do In This Role
- Work closely with engineering and product management to plan, create, and maintain user-focused technical documentation for multiple product features or applications, in alignment with an established content strategy
- Provide input to help shape future content strategy for the product or business unit you help to support
- Contribute to the continued evolution of ServiceNow’s content development processes, DITA-based information model, and writing style and standards
- Develop a strong understanding of the ServiceNow product ecosystem and expert knowledge of the specific product area and user base you support
- 4+ years’ work experience in technical communication
- Samples of your prior technical writing work or other writing that demonstrates your ability to communicate complex ideas and technical information clearly
- Experience authoring in the Darwin Information Typing Architecture (DITA) or another XML-based structured authoring architecture
- Experience independently planning, creating, and delivering documentation in a fast-paced, globally distributed software development environment
- Ability and eagerness to demonstrate leadership by mentoring other writers, adapting quickly to changing priorities, and helping diverse cross-functional teams collaborate effectively to deliver exceptional results
- BA/BS degree or higher in technical writing, technical communication, English, journalism, or rhetoric; or an equivalent combination of education and experience in these or other related fields
- Understanding of content development life cycles and processes
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
All new employees hired in the United States are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to such exceptions as required by law. If hired, you will be required to submit proof of full vaccination or have an approved accommodation, by your start date. Visit our Candidate FAQ page to learn more.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.
Please Note: Fraudulent job postings/job scams are increasingly common. Click here to learn what to watch out for and how to protect yourself. All genuine ServiceNow job postings can be found through the ServiceNow Careers site.
Work personas are categories that are assigned to employees depending on the nature of their work. Employees will fall into one of three categories: Remote, Flexible or Required in Office.
Required in Office
A required in office work persona is defined as an employee who is contracted to work from or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office. This persona is required to work from their assigned workplace location 100% of the work week based on the business needs of their role.
A flexible work persona is defined as an employee who is contracted to work from or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office and will work from their assigned workplace location roughly 3 days/week or less (generally around 40-60% of the work week). Flexible employees may choose to work the remaining working time from their workplace location or home. Flexible employees are required to work within their state, province, region, or country of employment.
A remote work persona is defined as an employee who performs their responsibilities exclusively outside of a ServiceNow workplace and is not contracted or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office, including those whose place of work (pursuant to their terms and conditions of employment) is their home. Remote employees are required to work within their state, province, region, or country of employment.