Here at Volume, we work with the best partners to make decentralized finance protocols valuable. We solve problems of protocol utility, governance, and growth for the leading DeFi protocols. From our team effort, we are able to drive massive growth of user transactions and the launch of the protocol economy. If a protocol fails to attract user activity, token value falters and innovation will flow away from the network.
Volume delivers software tools and user experiences that increase protocol token utility and community engagement, measured by protocol transaction volume growth. The Volume team’s interests are the protocol interests: Growth of user transactions.
Volume successfully launched Sommelier’s first iteration as PeggyJV, bringing the Cosmos Ethereum bridge to market and resulting in Sommelier raising a total of $26MM in funding to launch the first automated DeFi blockchain to manage Liquidity Provider capital on Ethereum via the Cosmos.
Volume’s investors include Alameda Ventures, Curve, Solana, SimplyVC, and many others.
We are always looking for individuals who desire a high-impact, high-visibility role within a company that is making crypto and decentralized protocols valuable.
Volume is looking for a Technical Writer who is passionate about building a developer community through concise, easy to read documentation. You either already understand blockchain or distributed systems, or have enough technical background and interest to dive in and get up to speed very quickly.
As a Technical Writer at Volume you will work on developer facing documentation for Volume’s blockchains and protocols. This role has very high impact and visibility, and is both tactical and strategic. You will own the documentation strategy and the publishing roadmap, and create documentation from scratch. Your goal will be to ensure that our developer community has a clear picture of the available functionality and is inspired to build with us.
- Create and maintain developer documentation in Vue.js for Volume’s blockchains, protocols and applications.
- Dig into source code for community and internally developed systems to collect technical details for documentation.
- Incorporate continuous feedback from internal stakeholders and Volume’s community.
- Collaborate with our open source community to develop documentation standards.
- Incorporate continuous feedback from users, peers, and stakeholders by leading content-focused usability and critique sessions.
- Excellent verbal and written command of the English language.
- You are comfortable writing documentation using Vuepress, and creating and reviewing PRs.
- Ability to read code in Go, Rust or Vyper.
- Experience with content management and strategy for technical documentation such as writing instructions running software programs, setting up infrastructure and other developer tools.
- Experience interviewing subject matter experts to understand and document complex topics and systems.
- You enjoy self driven exploration and education on new technologies and languages.
- You are excited by the challenge of keeping documentation up to date with improvements in fast-changing, in-development code, and how to write enough documentation to be helpful
- Enjoy taking initiative to solve open-ended problems
- Familiarity or strong interest in blockchain and distributed systems.
- Experience working in or managing open-source communities
- Experience with fully remote, distributed organizations
Volume is a dynamic start-up company, and our successful candidate must have the ability and desire to work in a fast-paced environment. As a distributed team, we hire anywhere in the world, and at various levels of experience (entry, senior, staff). We look for people with unique perspectives and diverse backgrounds.
Volume is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workplace. All applicants will be considered equally without regard to race, color, ethnicity, veteran status, religion, national origin, marital status, political affiliation, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, membership in an organization, or any other non-merit factors.
We have a great benefits package, including parental leave, contributions to your retirement, competitive pay, and unlimited time off. For U.S.-based employees, we also provide platinum-level health, dental, and vision coverage for you and your family.