The Technical Writer is responsible for the creation of all customer-facing content.
You will develop a deep understanding of our customers and Token products, apply a customer-driven approach to documentation, and create opportunities to innovate whilst delivering incremental value.
What You Will Do Day2day
- Work closely with product management, engineering and implementation teams to create customer-facing content that includes Get Started guides, technical bulletins, FAQs and user experience flows
- Create all developer-facing content, including the technical API reference and developer-facing tutorials
- Define and promote effective writing styles and guidelines for technical content
- Develop strong relationships with teams across the company
- Collaborate widely to gather feedback and insights to help us improve our customer documentation
What Skills and Experience Would Make You Successful in This Role
- Experience in documenting standards, guidelines, and best practices for engineers
- Experience writing for a software developer audience and translating unfamiliar use cases into simple, easy to understand and easily discoverable user content, including documentation, guides and video tutorials
- Fantastic communication skillsHigh standard of written English
- A talent for expressing complex technical concepts with clear, accessible content
- Experience of API testing to explore API behaviour (we use Postman)
- Experience working with JIRA, Confluence, Github, Swagger and Madcap Flare or Paligo or Document 360
- Experience of maintaining content quality and performing content analysis
- Experience working within an Agile engineering team
It’s an Added Bonus if You Have
- Open Banking, Payments or other fintech experience
- Programming or scripting abilities
Open to All
Token is building an open future for everyone. We don’t just accept different points of view, lived experiences and new ways of thinking — we search them out. They help us make better products, better decisions, and a better place for everyone to work. So, come as you are. We acknowledge and embrace different backgrounds, identities and abilities. Respect is our default, and empathy is our baseline. No one succeeds until we all do.