Headquartered in New York City, Dataiku was founded in Paris in 2013 and achieved unicorn status in 2019. Now, more than 1,000 employees work across the globe in our offices and remotely. Backed by a renowned set of investors and partners including CapitalG, Tiger Global, and ICONIQ Growth, we’ve set out to build the future of AI.
We are looking for a passionate Technical Writer to contribute to the development of Dataiku’s product learning resources.
As a member of the product learning team, you’ll work towards providing an exceptional learning experience to Dataiku users, customers, and partners.
As Such, You Will Have Two Main Missions
- Develop, maintain, and improve the online learning content that highlights the capabilities of the Dataiku platform.
- Enable Dataiku users to successfully use the platform through in-product learning resources.
You will be required to collaborate with many different teams from R&D to Customer departments and manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment, with support from the technical lead and manager.
If you have a passion for data science and technologies, excellent written skills, and experience developing user-focused documentation and training content, this will be a fantastic opportunity for you to grow your data science and AI technologies skillset.
This position has an estimated minimum annual salary of $66,000, plus opportunities for equity. Dataiku offers additional incentives for eligible roles which may or may not include discretionary cash compensation through Dataiku’s incentive compensation program. Dataiku also offers comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, and vision plans, flexible spending accounts, pre-tax commuter benefits, a 401k company match, paid vacations, paid parental leave, employer paid disability coverage, and additional health and wellbeing perks and benefits.
The actual offer, reflecting the total compensation package and benefits for the position, will be at Dataiku’s sole discretion, and determined by a myriad of factors including, but not limited to, the qualifications of the candidate and other relevant business considerations. Dataiku also reserves the right to amend or modify employee perks and benefits at any time.
In This Role, You Will
- Write and maintain user-focused documentation which may include tutorials, how-to guides, concept documentation, storyboards for video production, embedded help in the Dataiku UI, and sample code.
- Design and develop projects that show how Dataiku is used in practice.
- Create and maintain lessons, courses, and certificate examinations for self-directed online learning.
- Collaborate with the product team’s stakeholders to understand new features, test and improve the user learning experience, and define new learning content.
- Collaborate with data scientists, data science training specialists, and other subject matter experts at Dataiku for the purpose of creating learning content.
- Collaborate with customer-facing teams to understand the needs customers and partners have for learning content.
- Translate complex technical concepts and components into accurate and impactful visual aids in collaboration with the e-learning graphic designer
- Edit, clarify and proofread documents written by others, and mentor non-writers on the ways to contribute to content creation and improve their writing skills.
- Learn and constantly refresh on e-learning techniques for providing clear, understandable, and engaging content.
You May Be a Good Fit For This Role If You Have
- At least 1 year of experience working in an analytics company
- A bachelor’s degree in data science, engineering, statistics, computer science, or a related field
- Experience transforming raw content from technical contributors into clear human-readable materials
- Technical knowledge in one or more key data analysis areas (e.g., machine learning algorithms, statistical analysis, relational database modeling, SQL, data manipulation and wrangling).
- Demonstrated ability to write high-quality documentation that explain technical concepts and procedures related to key areas of data analysis
- Demonstrated ability to develop and document practical examples that showcase software functionalities for the purpose of helping users solve real-world problems
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills with an aptitude for learning new technologies
- The ability to collaborate with highly technical teams (such as R&D) and other cross-functional teams and stakeholders (such as Customer-facing teams) to identify learning needs, research technical topics, and produce learning content in a fast-paced environment
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written).
Bonus Points If You Have
- 5 years of professional work experience in an analytics company
- A Master’s degree or PhD in data science, engineering, statistics, computer science, or a related field
- Professional knowledge of content production concepts and tools. Experience with the specific tools in our stack is helpful, including Git, RestructuredText (RST), and Sphinx
- Experience (or at least familiarity) with a programming language such as Python or R
- Previous experience with various e-learning techniques is a plus
- Previous experience in creating online content and videos is a plus
Dataiku is the platform for Everyday AI, systemizing the use of data for exceptional business results. By making the use of data and AI an everyday behavior, Dataiku unlocks the creativity within individual employees to power collective success at companies of all sizes and across all industries.
Don’t get us wrong: we are a tech company building software. Our culture is even pretty geeky! But our driving force is and will always remain people, starting with ours. We consider our employees to be our most precious asset, and we are committed to ensuring that each of them gets the most rewarding, enjoyable, and memorable work experience with us. Fly over to Instagram to learn more about our #dataikulife.
Our practices are rooted in the idea that everyone should be treated with dignity, decency and fairness. Dataiku also believes that a diverse identity is a source of strength and allows us to optimize across the many dimensions that are needed for our success. Therefore, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All employment practices are based on business needs, without regard to race, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, neurodiversity, disability status, citizenship, veteran status or any other aspect which makes an individual unique or protected by laws and regulations in the locations where we operate. This applies to all policies and procedures related to recruitment and hiring, compensation, benefits, performance, promotion and termination and all other conditions and terms of employment. If you need assistance or an accommodation, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.