We are Appfire, the largest global provider of award-winning Atlassian apps and we need a Technical Writer. Our portfolio of trusted product brands includes more than 100 purpose-built apps loved by thousands of teams and millions of users worldwide.
Amplified by our partnership and strategic investment from private equity powerhouse Silversmith Capital Partners, a recent surge of marquee brand acquisitions, and an additional $100M investment from TA Associates, Appfire is uniquely poised to accelerate our leadership position within the billion-dollar Atlassian app market.
Come be a part of our Appfire family for this amazing journey! Learn more at appfire.com.
We believe that great products require no to minimum documentation. And that’s what we aim for at Appfire in general and within our Agile and IT Service Management product categories in particular. But some advanced features might not be obvious and require some touchpoint with the user – to instruct, guide or even teach them. That’s why we are looking for an experienced Technical Writer who can help us adjust communications to our product development needs.
We invite you to our recruitment process! This opportunity might be perfectly tailored to you if you are:
Creative, proactive, good with words.
Experienced in writing good technical and educational content that’s easy to read.
Sounds interesting? Keep reading!
What You Will Do
- Keep customers aware of new and existing features by conveying technical and educational material in a clear, concise fashion, that keeps them engaged.
- Proactively collect and understand a large amount of technical information about new features and upcoming product changes, gathered from software engineers, designers, and product managers.
- Produce clear, easy-to-read, and consistent help instructions, training content, and other supporting content for our users ensuring consistency of tone and use of language across all documentation.
- Write concise, usable UI copy and ensure consistent attribute naming for technical features.
- Create, edit, and update existing written documentation, including release notes, user manuals, tutorials, video scripts, and best practice documents.
- Review and proofread other team members’ work.
- Actively participate in agile development team meetings.
- Become a subject matter expert for the areas you work on.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in the technical copywriting area.
- We’re looking for someone who has technical writing experience and is a content enthusiast – who knows the impact that well-written content can have and is also looking to explore new ways of enhancing the experience of learning.
- The ability to write easy-to-read, fluent text in English, and the capability to organize content clearly.
- Proven experience in writing technical documentation and for user interfaces, and being able to demonstrate what makes effective UI writing and what doesn’t.
- Ability to work independently.
- Excellent communication skills and command of English at level C1.
- Familiarity with Jira would be a plus!
Why a Career at Appfire?
Appfire is a global company of awesome humans working to help teams all over the world. We believe that bold ideas light the way for builders – just like us! Our culture embraces YOUR unique skills, while providing a collaborative, diverse environment that thrives on change and growth for the entire Appfire family! At Appfire, innovators are wanted!
Appfire is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and we prohibit discrimination or harassment of any kind. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.