Full-Time Technical Team Executive Assistant
Technical Team Executive Assistant
- Engineering Administration
- Remote job
About the Company
Headquartered in West Sacramento, Origin Materials is the world’s leading carbon negative materials company. Origin’s mission is to enable the world’s transition to sustainable materials. Over the past 10 years, Origin has developed a platform for turning the carbon found in non-food biomass into useful materials, while capturing carbon in the process. Origin’s patented drop-in core technology, economics and carbon impact have been validated by trusted third parties and are supported by a growing list of major global customers and investors. Origin’s first plant, located in Sarnia, Ontario Canada is expected to be operational in 2023 with a second, full-scale commercial plant expected to be operational by 2025 and plans for additional expansion over the next decade. For more information, visit www.originmaterials.com.
Origin Materials believes in protecting its employees and the community and, as such, requires employees who come on site to be vaccinated against COVID-19. Origin provides reasonable accommodations in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
We believe that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. When you take a job at Origin, you do more than switch companies or advance your career. You become part of the Origin community: an inclusive group of hardworking, uniquely talented people who drive innovation.
Benefits and Perks
- You will work with great people. You will be joining a close-knit group of A+ players who like to hustle, create, and work hard because we believe in Origin’s mission: to enable the world’s transition to sustainable materials.
- You will make a difference. We’re working on big things, so every person can make make an impact.
- You will grow. There are endless opportunities at Origin to learn and improve. You’ll be surrounded by great minds and presented with big challenges. And you and your teammates will support one another in overcoming those challenges.
- You will enjoy excellent benefits. We offer a wide range of insurance including Medical and Dental, Vision, Disability, and Life, as well as a 401k, EAP, and generous leave.
- You will have flexibility. We don’t believe in one size fits all when it comes to work location and schedule. We care about safety and efficiency so work where and when you are at your best. While we try to be as flexible as possible and allow our team to work various hours in various locations, some positions do require daily, onsite work. Also, we recognize our team works hard so we want you to take time off when you need it. That’s why we have a flexible time off policy.
About the Position
- The primary role of the Executive Assistant is to support a subset of the Technical Team Executives in communicating (internal and external), optimizing their time efficiency (for example, priorities, calendar and appointments) and orchestrating the many facets of the their day-to-day activities including travel and meeting minutes.
- The roles of the Technical Team Executives are intimately mixed with that of the remainder of the executives and Co-CEO so the secondary aspect of the EA role is to help the wider Technical Team and Co-CEO coordinate both internally and externally, for example by arranging meetings.
- The EA role is focused on increasing the efficiency of the Technical Team Executives which can also be achieved by assisting the Technical Team as a whole. Therefore the EA role is concerned with efficiency, accuracy, quality and, above all, discretion.
- Effective EAs are frequently described as personable, accessible and efficient. The Technical Team EA will report to the VP of Engineering.
You will be responsible for:
Time Management of the Tech Team Executives
- The role helps to ensure the maximum time-efficiency of the Technical Team Executives. A close relationship with each develops a thorough understanding of their priorities, preferences and methods of working. This enables the EA to anticipate and orchestrate their daily activities to maximum efficiency by optimizing calendars, scheduling meetings, organizing travel and many other aspects.
- When directed, the EA represents the Technical Team Executives, both internally and externally. Whether dealing directly with colleagues or 3rd parties, organizing internal or external events, sending or making personal emails and phone calls or writing documents on their behalf, the EA is focused on accuracy, professionalism and courtesy.
Information Creation and Organization
- The EA creates, manages and stores a lot of business-critical information on behalf of the Technical Team Executives. Whether by creating reports, taking minutes at meetings, email management, general document management or generating expense reports, the EA is concerned with 1st time accuracy, efficiency, logical organization and best practice.
Technical Team Team Responsibilities
- While the function of this role is not primarily an EA to the whole team, the individual in the EA role possesses organizational skills and a unique network of internal and external contacts that can add significant efficiency to the whole Technical Team and therefore increase time-efficiency of the Technical Team Executives; examples of this include
- organization of internal and external meetings that are complex or with a large number of attendees
- collation and organization of team information (such as databases)
- liaising with 3rd parties such as senior members of customer or supplier organizations
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Scheduling and coordinating meetings, conference calls and events with internal and external parties, making all required arrangements
- Calendar management
- Email management
- Responding on his/her behalf when appropriate
- Bringing items to his/her attention
- Scheduling and managing foreign and domestic travel arrangements
- Submitting and reconciling expense reports
- Assistance with document management
- Active time and resource management
- Sitting in on meetings as needed, takes notes and synthesizes information
- Completing various writing projects for executive
- Project participation/management
- Organizing internal and external onsite visits
- Flexible hours as dictated by the needs of business for projects and meetings.
- Managing sensitive matters with a high level of confidentiality and discretion especially decisions directly impacting the global operations of the company.
- Have a professional demeanor
- Are personable
- Keep confidence in personal communication
- Are highly organized and efficient
- Are IT literate (including Word, Excel, GMail, Google Calendar and other collaborative platforms that may include Zoom, Teams, Quip, Box and others)
- Have excellent spoken and written English (other languages may be beneficial)
48 total views, 1 today