Technical Support Engineer
Title: Technical Support Engineer I
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
Technical Support Engineers are the highest level subject matter experts within the Customer organization. Collectively, our team knows more about Mailchimp’s product suite than any other team in the company. We understand how it’s built, where it breaks, and most importantly how our customers use it. Technical Support Engineers utilize collaborative problem solving to uncover root causes and effectively resolve complex customer issues. We use a coaching mindset to help representatives across the organization develop stronger troubleshooting techniques, deeper subject matter expertise, and more efficient workflows within their day-to-day work. And, we share a commitment to delivering the best possible experience to all of our customers.
As a Technical Support Engineer I, your top priority will be to enhance the customer experience and effectively resolve customer issues. You will serve as an active resource for our frontline teams once they’ve reached their limit of technical understanding or capacity. You will also lead by example to drive exceptional customer interactions. And, you will seek to identify areas of opportunity to meet business and departmental needs.
What you’ll do:
- You’ll field questions from front line support representatives, assist with technical escalations, and resolve customer issues directly through specialized support queues.
- You’ll diagnose and troubleshoot most complex technical issues varying in complexity and determine the appropriate course of action
- You’ll utilize collaborative problem solving to uncover root causes and effectively resolve complex customer issues
- You’ll meet internal Service Level Agreements and Key Performance Metrics
- You’ll be an escalation point for Representatives and Specialists working through advanced technical issues
- You’ll prioritize and manage several open issues at one time
- You’ll analyze trends with reported issues, communicate impact to appropriate internal teams, and recommend solutions.
- You’ll partner and collaborate with leadership on strategic projects as needed
- You’ll assist representatives and specialists to troubleshoot issues through chat, email and phone channels
- You’ll guide and educate support representatives to more effectively serve our customers and to better understand and utilize the tools at their disposal.
- You’ll exemplify Core Leadership Behaviors
- You’ll promote collective team skill set by leading training, co-working, shadowing, resource development, and specialized knowledge sharing initiatives.
- You’ll act as a resource for other departments seeking customer insight.
- You’ll participate in weekly on-call rotation acting as the primary point of contact for off hours escalations or alerts
- You’ll provide leadership during crisis management
We’d love to hear from you if:
- You have a Bachelor’s degree or relevant work experience
- You have 3+ years of experience in a customer facing role for a SaaS technology company
- You are self motivated and internally driven
- You are trustworthy, reliable, and operate with a high level of integrity
- You have a demonstrated ability to understand complex software applications and a desire to share that knowledge with others
- You have the ability to effectively communicate technical concepts to customers with varying levels of technical competency
- You are comfortable with working cross-functionally with teams across Mailchimp
- You are agile and demonstrate the ability to quickly adapt within a fast changing work environment by seeking solutions regardless of circumstances
- You are an action oriented problem solver, are customer obsessed, and possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Bonus points for:
- You’ve met or exceeded performance expectations in your current role with no history of behavioral or performance issues.
At Mailchimp, we understand that experience comes in many forms. We don’t just accept differences, we celebrate them, support them, and hire peeps from a wide variety of backgrounds because it makes our company stronger. We’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team – so if your experience aligns with what we’re looking for (even if you don’t check every single box), please consider applying!
Mailchimp is an all-in-one marketing platform for growing businesses. Mailchimp empowers millions of customers around the world to start and grow their businesses with world-class marketing technology, award-winning customer support, and inspiring content. Millions of businesses and individuals from community organizations to Fortune 100 companies trust Mailchimp to help them connect with their audience with the right message, at the right time, in the right place.
Founded in 2001 and based in Atlanta with offices in Brooklyn, Oakland, Vancouver, London, and Santa Monica, Mailchimp has 1,200+ employees. Through Intuit, we offer employees competitive compensation, best in class perks and benefits. We hire collaborative, customer obsessed, problem solvers and give you ample opportunity to grow and succeed. Find Mailchimp on social.
Vaccination Policy: We are requiring that employees who come onsite be vaccinated. Unless prohibited by applicable law, full vaccination against COVID-19 is a requirement for any position at Mailchimp/Intuit that necessitates coming onsite and/or in-person business activity. Qualified applicants who wold like to request an accommodation (exception) on the basis of a qualifying medical condition/disability or sincerely-held religious belief should contact email@example.com.
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don’t discriminate on the basis race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender (including gender expression and gender identity), sexual orientation, age, weight, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other factor protected by federal, state or local law. Mailchimp also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories, and complies with all applicable state and federal laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions.