Remote – US
Whatnot (YC W20) is a livestream shopping platform and marketplace backed by Andreessen Horowitz, Y Combinator, and CapitalG. We’re one of YC’s top companies and one of the fastest growing marketplaces ever. We’re laser focused on creating an exceptional software company, team, and place to work. You can read our principles here.
Our mission: enable anyone to turn their passion into a business and bring people together through commerce. We’re building the future of ecommerce; an interactive community where creators can make a living off their passion.
Did we mention we’re high growth? In January 2021, Whatnot had 10 ambitious employees. Today, the Whatnot team is 120+ employees and will exceed 300 by year end. We’re hiring forward thinking problem solvers across all functional areas. We recruit thoughtfully, can adapt quickly, and are scaling fully remotely.
The ecommerce experience has been static for 20+ years and is one of the largest opportunities for disruption in the startup space today. Livestream shopping is a $170B GMV market in China and has grown 100% YoY. Retail is a $5T market opportunity!
We’re looking for an experienced Technical Sourcer to join our Recruiting team to accelerate Whatnot’s hiring with curated top-of-funnel candidate searches and thoughtful outreach approaches. You will help shape the future of our company and enhance Whatnot’s effort to attract, recruit, and retain diverse talent across our technical teams.
- Operate as sourcing SME who is able to find untapped Technical talent outside of just LinkedIn
- Work closely with recruiters and hiring managers to deeply understand requirements of roles, team functions, and how they fit into the broader company
- Create and partner with Recruiters and Managers to source & hire talent from underrepresented groups
- Partner with hiring managers and recruiters to understand hiring needs and develop creative strategies for engaging top of funnel talent across multiple disciplines
- Partner with Recruiters to review inbound resumes
- Provide an incredible candidate experience to each person you engage with about Whatnot
- Strategically plan and execute pipeline for hard to fill roles
- Build and maintain long-term relationships with top talent in the industry
Curious about who thrives at Whatnot? We’ve found that low ego, a growth mindset, and leaning into action and high impact goes a long way here.
As our first Technical Sourcer, you should have:
- At least three years of experience in technical sourcing, market research, or recruiting in a fast-paced, high growth environment
- Experience using sourcing tools and applicant tracking systems to identify and engage passive, qualified candidates
- Experience proactively networking and establishing effective working relationships with candidates and internal hiring teams alike
- Exposure to working with data, and eager to get creative with sourcing metrics and to turn insights into action
- Natural curiosity and problem solving mindset; able to learn about and source for novel roles, research talent availability, and develop creative solutions to sourcing challenges
- Customer-focused attitude, excellent interpersonal skills, and a track record of providing a high-touch experience to both candidates and recruiters
- A passion for working at Whatnot!
- Competitive base salary and stock options
- Unlimited Vacation Policy and No Meeting Holidays
- Health Insurance options including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Short term disability & Long term Disability
- Whatnot covers 99% of employee premium costs, and 75% of dependent care premiums for Medical
- Dental and Vision sponsored 100% by Whatnot for employees and dependents
- Work From Home Support
- Laptop provided by Whatnot and home office setup allowance
- $150 work-from-anywhere monthly allowance for cell phone, internet, or co-working spaces
- $200 monthly to spend within Whatnot App
- Care benefits
- $450 monthly allowance on food
- Wellness monthly allowance
- Paid Parental Leave
- $20,000 for family planning, such as adoption or fertility expenses
- During the COVID-19 Pandemic, Whatnot provides a $20,000 annual allowance towards Nannies, Daycare, and Caregiving support
Whatnot is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value diversity, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, parental status, disability status, or any other status protected by local law. We believe that our work is better and our company culture is improved when we encourage, support, and respect the different skills and experiences represented within our workforce.