Posting Location : LocationUS-Remote
Job ID 99281
Workday ID R-032274
Category Product Documentation, Product Marketing, Technical Training
About the job
Red Hat’s Product and Technical Learning (PTL) team is seeking an experienced Technical Editor to help support the development of Red Hat Training courses. In this role, you will maintain and enhance the written quality and integrity of our learning materials. You will work closely with a global team of training content developers in an Agile framework to continuously deliver content to customers. You will also proactively lead writing, editing and quality assurance related projects across the teams.
What you will do
- Edit customer-facing IT course materials for organization, content, technical accuracy, style, grammar and punctuation
- Manage tasks, evaluate task priorities and demonstrate flexibility when priorities shift
- Follow and update internal style guidelines; apply structure and format tagging standards to course content to maintain consistency across curricula
- Collaboratively work with a team of course developers to edit content iteratively; provide feedback and suggestions to improve writing quality
- Lead cross-team projects to enhance writing effectiveness and quality assurance workflows
What you will bring
- 5+ years experience as a technical editor with IT related content, focused on minimalism and structured writing, using internal and industry style guides
- Fluency in spoken and written English
- Proficiency at reviewing, tagging and commenting within markdown or HTML
- Experience delivering difficult messages tactfully to content authors to achieve the best user outcome
- Experience working with non-native English-speaking authors
The following are considered a plus:
- Experience developing and supporting quality assurance programs
- Bachelor’s degree in English, technical communication, journalism, communications or a related field
- Experience with Linux operating system
- Proficiency with Agile methodology and GitHub
About Red Hat
Red Hat is the world’s leading provider of enterprise open source software solutions, using a community-powered approach to deliver high-performing Linux, cloud, container, and Kubernetes technologies. Spread across 40+ countries, our associates have the flexibility to choose the work environment that suits their needs from in-office to fully remote to office-flex. Red Hatters are encouraged to bring their best ideas, no matter their title or tenure. We’re a leader in open source because of our open and inclusive environment. We hire creative, passionate people ready to contribute their ideas, help solve complex problems, and make an impact. Opportunities are open. Join us.
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Flexible Spending Account – healthcare and dependent care
- Health Savings Account – high deductible medical plan
- Retirement 401(k) with employer match
- Paid time off and holidays
- Paid parental leave plans for all new parents
- Leave benefits including disability, paid family medical leave, and paid military leave
- Additional benefits including employee stock purchase plan, family planning reimbursement, tuition reimbursement, transportation expense account, employee assistance program, and more!
Note: These benefits are only applicable to full time, permanent associates at Red Hat located in the United States.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion at Red Hat
Red Hat’s culture is built on the open source principles of transparency, collaboration, and inclusion, where the best ideas can come from anywhere and anyone. When this is realized, it empowers people from diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences to come together to share ideas, challenge the status quo, and drive innovation. Our aspiration is that everyone experiences this culture with equal opportunity and access, and that all voices are not only heard but also celebrated. We hope you will join our celebration, and we welcome and encourage applicants from all the beautiful dimensions of diversity that compose our global village.
Equal Opportunity Policy (EEO)
Red Hat is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, veteran status, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Red Hat does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or CVs from recruitment agencies. We are not responsible for, and will not pay, any fees, commissions, or any other payment related to unsolicited resumes or CVs except as required in a written contract between Red Hat and the recruitment agency or party requesting payment of a fee.
How to Apply