Xometry (NASDAQ: XMTR) powers the industries of today and tomorrow by connecting the people with big ideas to the manufacturers who can bring them to life. Xometry’s digital marketplace gives manufacturers the critical resources they need to grow their business while also making it easy for buyers at Fortune 1000 companies to tap into global manufacturing capacity.
Thomasnet.com®, North America’s leading industry marketplace, and intelligence platform, seeks a dynamic and technically informed content contributor to drive audience and revenue growth for Xometry and Thomasnet.com. This contributor will develop insightful and engaging content to engage and support the industry.
The ideal candidate will have significant writing experience and an interest in STEM and manufacturing. A background in engineering will be a huge plus. This person will help us ideate and develop memorable editorial content, franchises, and long-form investigative stories to extend our company brand reach and audience engagement. This person will possess innate curiosity and passion for sharing knowledge in procurement, supply chain, and advanced manufacturing.
- Develop content and multimedia elements for our flagship properties, Xometry.com, Thomasnet.com, Worldindustryreporter.com, and Inboundlogistics.com
- Assist in the research and development processes across industry reports and long-form marketing assets.
- Be trained in audience development best practices to improve and optimize email and multimedia products, such as our daily business email (Thomas Industry Update), videos, and podcasts, with the support of our growth and data team to drive user engagement and revenue growth.
- Learn how to leverage data for business-to-business reporting and storytelling.
- Capture the zeitgeist of our times when it comes to innovation and the industry by pitching content ideas and observations that can be turned into great content.
- Contribute to day-to-day development, production, and distribution of digital content.
- Assist, as time permits, with the creation, management, and review of long form technical content.
- Curious, collaborative, compassionate, with a commitment to continuous improvements.
- Excellent writing and editing ability.
- Demonstrated skill in working under deadline pressure.
- An ability to turn complex concepts into engaging stories and technical information into multimedia content formats.
- Passionate about how things work, and the roles of science, innovation, and manufacturing in our daily lives.
- Have strong task & process management skills, with excellent attention to detail.
- Able to organize around deadlines and timelines.
- Able to manage department workflow and manage/maintain schedules.
- Nice to have: interest in data analysis and visualization (e.g. comfortable in Microsoft Excel fundamentals such as vlookup and pivot tables or equivalent capabilities such as R, Python or SQL).
If this job isn’t for you but you have a friend who may be a perfect fit – share this job with them!
Xometry is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Xometry participates in E-Verify and after a job offer is accepted, will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.