Tech News Writer
AndroidAuthority.com, part of the Authority Media group, is your source for authoritative content on the consumer tech industry, producing fast-breaking news, in-depth reviews, thought-provoking features, and much more. Beyond just Android — or mobile tech in general — we also cover computing, entertainment, wearables, smart home, display tech, audio, apps, and more.
We’re currently looking for a part-time or full-time Tech News Writer, working remotely but based in North America, to create full-spectrum content for our website. You will be required to produce news articles from start to finish, focused on the mobile technology landscape as well as Android Authority’s verticals listed above.
Our desired candidate is a news writer through-and-through, which means someone who can source their own stories, follow leads, and rely on their own network of contacts to identify potential story ideas. The role requires demonstrated expertise in the consumer technology space and at least two years covering the news desk of a similar publication.
North America (work from home)
- 20/40 hours a week (primarily weekdays, occasional late nights and weekends e.g. trade shows, product launches)
- Research, develop, and produce high-quality and authoritative content — from ideation to publication — in a timely manner, often under tight deadlines, for our website
- Create, edit, and publish polished articles for Android Authority
- Coordinate with editors on topics, schedules, and priorities
- Prior experience writing for a technology website
- Professional writing and photography experience
- Knowledge of, or willingness to adapt to, AP writing style
- A collaborative attitude and strong self-motivation
- A keen eye for detail and the ability to fact check your own stories/self-publish
- Comprehensive understanding of the terminology, tech landscape, and news cycles
- Demonstrated ability to turn around posts quickly – e.g. 30 minutes for a basic news post
- Proven ability to craft engaging stories about run-of-the-mill news stories
- An understanding of general SEO principles and experience working in WordPress are preferable, but not essential
- Native speaker or high level of fluency in written American English
Competitive, based on experience
Please complete our application form at the link below and include your CV and cover letter:
Tell us a little bit about yourself in your cover letter, including your salary expectations, and be sure to answer the all-important question: How will you put the authority in Android Authority?