Tax Accountant, Property Tax
Nordstrom is able to offer remote employment of this position in all US states except AR, MS, MT, NE, NH, ND, SD, VT, WV, and WY.
Nordstrom’s Tax team is expanding and looking for a Tax Accountant to support its property tax function. The ideal candidate will have effective communication skills, a desire to learn new tools and an ability to both collaborate and work independently to support team projects and goals. This role will report directly to the Senior Manager of Property Tax.
- Support property tax accounting, including monthly accruals, preparing journal entries and account reconciliations.
- Process real estate tax bills, third-party funding requests and incoming mail.
- Review, analyze and respond to property tax correspondence.
- Compile data and prepare responses to external audit inquiries.
- Support the outsourcing engagement of personal property tax returns, including generating reports and gathering data, as well as performing reconciliations.
- Enable and maintain technology supporting the property tax function.
- Support process improvements and promote the sharing of best practices within the Tax team.
- Build and maintain process documentation related to compliance, reporting, analytics and controls.
- Assist with other projects as needed.
You own this if you have…
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or similar field
- 1+ years of property tax or accounting experience in a public accounting firm or corporate tax department
- Intermediate Microsoft Excel experience including VLOOKUP’s, pivot tables and complex formulas.
- Experience utilizing tax research sites, accounting systems and tax software desired. Includes but is not limited to Oracle, Tableau, Alteryx, PTMS and CCH.
- Ability to multitask and work in a fast-paced environment, while meeting deadlines
- Flexible and curious, with the ability to apply prior experiences to new situations
- Analytical and detail oriented with outstanding organizational skills
- A desire to perform beyond what is familiar and to seek out new experiences
- Positive attitude with exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
Pay Range Details
- The pay range(s) below are provided in compliance with state specific laws. Pay ranges may be different in other locations.
- Colorado: $ 69,000.00 – 110,500.00 Nevada: $ 69,000.00 – 110,500.00 annually, New York: $ 69,000.00 – 110,500.00 annually
We’ve got you covered…
Our employees are our most important asset and that’s reflected in our benefits. Nordstrom is proud to offer a variety of benefits to support employees and their families, including:
- Medical/Vision, Dental, Retirement and Paid Time Away
- Life Insurance and Disability
- Merchandise Discount and EAP Resources
A few more important points…
The job posting highlights the most critical responsibilities and requirements of the job. It’s not all-inclusive. There may be additional duties, responsibilities and qualifications for this job.