Nelnet is a diversified and innovative company committed to enriching lives through the power of service as a student loan servicer, professional services company, consumer loan originator and servicer, payments processor, and K-12 and higher education expert. For over 40 years, Nelnet has been serving its customers, associates, and communities.
When you join the Nelnet team, you’re part of a community invested in the success of each individual. That support comes through in our work, as we are united by our mission of creating opportunities for people where they live, learn, and work.
We are looking for a creative Sustainability Copywriter to write clear and concise copy for the development of Net Zero’s forthcoming online Sustainability Literacy Training.
This online training platform is designed to provide staff, students, and faculty at higher ed institutions with (a) a deep understanding of environmental sustainability at the local and global level, (b) practical opportunities to practice sustainability while at work/school, and (c) inspiration to feel that each individual is helping the collective institution achieve its sustainability and carbon neutrality goals.
Our ideal candidate is a skilled and informed writer with an eye for detail. Content will be developed primarily through online research, with citations from authoritative sources expected for relevant copy.
Submit up to three writing samples, so we can get an idea of your best work. Feel free to include links to your content or portfolio in your application.
This is a contract position with a planned end date and an opportunity for continued work on future training modules.
Position Type: Contract, minimum 5 hours per week
- Write clear, attractive copy with an authoritative voice
- Interpret copywriting briefs to understand project requirements
- Collaborate with project leader and content development team
- Conduct high-quality research and potentially interviews
- Edit and proofread copy as needed
- Source images and other content
Requirements and Skills
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in Environmental Sustainability or similar field
- Proven experience as a copywriter or related role
- Excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills
- Strong research skills
- Collaborative spirit
- Excellent time-management and organizational skills
- Experience in writing for an e-learning delivery is preferred
- Experience in higher ed sustainability offices preferred.